Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Luminara One Day Only item

I saw  “knock off candles” at Costco for $35.95 for five of various sizes with a remote.  These types of candles are not exclusive anymore and more affordable to buy an off brand.  They looked exactly the same.  I couldn’t tell the difference.

Valued Contributor

I wanted to like it but I couldn't get over how close the tip of the flame was to the top of the cloche. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio,  I'm not sure what you decided, but maybe they will look great in person for those who ordered.

I saw the cloches online yesterday and didn't like the overall look in the online pics.  I finally saw the video this morning, and my opinion didn't improve after seeing them presented.  As has already been said here, either the candle appears too tall or the cloche too short.  I also think it was a poor choice to have the glass wall inside be the same height as the wick.  It's distracting.  One other thing is that most of the candles looked crooked inside the vessel, so I'm guessing they will require some leveling before they are displayed. 

When I see some of the Luminara items I wonder if someone in charge is not putting their all into it.  The end results look half thought-out sometimes.

I do think the H214022 tall metal Luminara trees look interesting after seeing their video.  I didn't order anything yesterday.

Honored Contributor

I would like to receive this as a gift..the candle is about 1 inch too high for the cloche but I still like it. You can change it seasonally so that's a plus.

I bought a cloche for $12 in Home Goods last year and put my Luminara in it with different accents. 

I ordered the blue TSV yesterday. I wanted something different to put with the ceramic church, manger, nativity scene, and large ceramic tree my Mom made in the 70's. I hope the blue will give me the serene look I am going for.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the cloche and candle set. Seems cute for mantle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I think it's cute, but at almost $41 all-in, it seems overpriced to me.

@Marsha2003  and @Mominohio

ITA...a bit steep in price. Personally, I'm also a bit maxed out on cloches since I have a couple of Valerie's...the church and carolers. I'm also maxed out on Luminara candles, so I even thankfully was able to avoid getting the TSV too.

@Mominohio  Enjoy your new pieces though Smiley Happy