Honored Contributor

What do you think of the Luminara One Day Only item

http://www.qvc.com/Luminara-6%22-Glass-Cloche-with-4%22-Pillar-w2-Fills-%26-Remote.product.H214000.h...

I ordered three, at least two for gifts, but I wondered if others here would like these as a gift.

Wish these had been up on free ship day, as that shipping total is making me consider cancelling.

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Luminara One Day Only item

They are very nice,  but honestsly I woldn't spend that much for four candles of any type.  Not that I can't afford it - it's just a bit beyond my comfort zone for these products.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

Not the TSV, but the one day only cloche and candle

Honored Contributor

That is eerie, @Mominohio, I was just about to put up a thread on this!

It was so cute, I ordered one this afternoon.  The only other cloche I have is huge, and I have been thinking of donating it.  But a little 6 inch one is versatile, and so is the smaller Luminara candle that comes with it.  I can imagine doing all kinds of things with it, the glass beaker, the cloche itself, and the simple types of filler that come with.

One of the things I thought I'd do with the cloche part, is sometimes put a tiny little John Wesley antique hymnal on display in it.  It is from 1799 and was handed down in my Dad's family, and he gave it to me.  A small cloche is great for displaying little fragile, precious items like that, I think.

Your idea of gifts is great-- who wouldn't want to receive a versatile item like this!

Respected Contributor

I like them - but they seem kind of small.   

The good thing is you aren’t limited to just using it for Christmas    

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

I watched the video, and these seems to be nice with a different size candle diameter. The cloche is only 6" high so I knew it would be small. I like the 'double wall' glass surround, it makes it look more expensive.

What I don't like is I don't have another candle that could fit inside. Then, I don't like the pinecone fill, should have had an all-season type something, even a ring for the 2" diameter. And then there's the flame sticking up almost to the top of the cloche, no space like in the lanterns for a realistic look.

I'm still thinking about it. But I'd take it as a gift!

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Mominohio

I watched the video, and these seems to be nice with a different size candle diameter. The cloche is only 6" high so I knew it would be small. I like the 'double wall' glass surround, it makes it look more expensive.

What I don't like is I don't have another candle that could fit inside. Then, I don't like the pinecone fill, should have had an all-season type something, even a ring for the 2" diameter. And then there's the flame sticking up almost to the top of the cloche, no space like in the lanterns for a realistic look.

I'm still thinking about it. But I'd take it as a gift!

@Nomore

You hit what was bothering me, the height of the candle compared to the height of the cloche. That flame is up too high when viewing from certain angles. They needed to make the cloche about another inch higher, in my opinion, to use that candle. 

I wondered if anyone else noticed that or thought it looked bad.

Respected Contributor

I think it's cute, but at almost $41 all-in, it seems overpriced to me.

Trusted Contributor

They certainly defy physics.  I feel like Luminara has lost their way.  Their candles are supposed to look realistic, yet they have these glitter candles as the TSV that no one would ever light, and they have this ODO with a lit candle sealed under a cloche.  My Luminaras have always been placed where people can’t scrutinize them up close, so no one would ever know they are fake.  Im going to do my best to keep it that way.

Honored Contributor

The ODO isn't something that I would buy for myself.  I think it's too small for the price and I just don't care for it that much.  I have some figurines that are in a cloche just a bit smaller than this one and they are never on display in the main rooms,  stay in a curio cabinet in a bedroom.

@Mominohio  I don't know the intended recipients of the ones that you ordered so I can't speak for whether they will appreciate the gift.   But, for the money that you're spending I probably wouldn't  appreciate it as much as I should.  Just me.