Respected Contributor

Re: What do you enjoy as a gift?

Jewelry and gift cards.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Don't laugh....I am 74....buy anything i want...so i ask for practical stuff...namely toilet paper and those square boxes of kleenex...

@circles

No need to apologize......even some younger gals like really practical presents and one of them is my sister.....she's difficult to please so she has requested things like someone with a Sam's or Costco card get her that huge pack of paper towels and/or kleenex, those playtex cleaning gloves and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.......she said this way she can spend her own money on things she likes/wants.....so you are not alone!  Although she has become obsessed with her smart phone so likes the Google Play Gift Cards to download her music on itunes!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

We're gifted many wonderful things but what remember and appreciated the most were some of our gifts from my in laws last year which included several boxes of Kcups, a cooler full of frozen meats from the local butcher, and a laundry basket full of things for the house such as laundry detergent, sheets, dish towels, etc. getting gifts that you like, will use, and make life a little easier are great. I also really appreciate gifts people have put thought into and gift cards to pretty much anywhere are always great.
Honored Contributor

Gifts I enjoy are--- books, Bath & Body Work candles, Turner Classic Movie DVDs, fashion jewlery, movie tickets, donations to animal charities. .

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

People who know me, know I'm addicted to black licorice, and people who know me really well, know I'm in recovery. So, get me anything Luminara or Mirage... or licorice pipes and i'll forgive you.

Honored Contributor

Wine, flavored coffee, bath gels.  I like things that get used and not things I have to find a place to store.

Honored Contributor

I love to receive gift cards to my favorite stores.  I prefer to choose my own perfume and jewelry.  I also am very appreciative of laundry detergent, paper towels, tissues and wet wipes.  One of my daughters always buys me a large carton of wet wipes at Sams and I love it.  It's great to have a stash of  products like that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

Don't laugh....I am 74....buy anything i want...so i ask for practical stuff...namely toilet paper and those square boxes of kleenex...

------------------

So do I !!!   My current favorite gift is boxes of batteries!!  With all the flameless candles in my house, batteries are such a welcome gift!!  I also like Starbucks gift cards!!  

Honored Contributor

I love gift cards to Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans and IHOP, as well as stationery, tart warmers and tarts, seasonal flags, solar ornaments,  bangle bracelets, holiday hand towels, wristlets, and donations made in my honor.    I keep hoping someone will name a star after me thru International Star Registry.  

Honored Contributor

I am VERY picky about clothes and HATE getting clothes.  I have always HATED getting clothes.  My mother always HAD to get them for me too. . . I now hate getting stuff.  I have (like most people my age) a house full of stuff and am working hard to get rid of it.

Favorite gifts now from anyone buy hubby are gift cards.  As I said in another thread, a gift card to a car wash was wildly popular with me!  A card to Starbucks, book store, restaurant, AMAZON, or something like that would thrill me to pieces!  That way I get to shop for what I want as well as get the gift.

Maid service for half a day would make me your bff forever!  Maybe a gift card for a nursery service to plant some flowers, provide a pot of plants for the front door, or a delivery of a big poinsettia plant would be great ('cause I can enjoy it and toss it out without guilt)!  

I HATE getting Christmas ornaments.  You put it somewhere for a week then have to decide how to store it.