Honored Contributor

Re: What do you enjoy as a gift?

I love a ride in the country. That was my favorite part of any trip. He liked driving (why I have no idea), I love riding and seeing the countryside.

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Like Annabella, the gift of time with someone I love.

A weekend with DS, he'll treat me to dinner at a steakhouse or we'll make pizza together & give me a hand around the house if I need it.

Nothing I need, shopping anymore is one big meh.

Same for me, my son's always there for me and there's nothing better than spending time together...anytime, anyplace and especially during the holidays...our favorite time of the year

🍂🎃🎄

This post reminded me of this, LOVE is spelled TIME.

Honored Contributor

I'm thrilled that so many of you love gift cards.

I hate them. I lose them or they time out or I feel pressured to use them etcetcetcetcetc.

Takes all kinds!

Respected Contributor

- Jewelry. Cardigans. Hoodies. Sleep pants. Lounge pants.

- Metal outdoor art. Rustic bird houses. Beaded throw pillows. Fiesta ware platters. Old World Christmas ornaments. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I know its supposed to be the thought that counts, but after years and years of receiving things that I really don't like or have no use for, I really have an appreciation for gift cards! I especially like the bank cards so you can use them any where you want.  It's o.k. to get cards for a specific place if you know for instance that someone loves Macy's or Panera's, but if you're not even sure of this --- just get a bank card!

Some think they are not personal, but I find them to be so much more thoughtful than giving a gift that will probably not be used or passed on to someone else.  Just being honest!

The only person that i really enjoy getting hand picked gifts from is DH.  

I get gifts from others and while I appreciate that they are gving me something, the mjaority of the time, these items are a waste of their money.  I end up donating them to GW or seeing if someone else has use for them.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey: I love to gift and receive Huggable Hangers. Can never have too many.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for the thoughtful answers!    I appreciate them all    It's very interesting to read what everyone looks forward to.

I hope people keep posting what they like.

I agree spending time together is always a great gift. 

My Mom likes cash, so she can go "shopping"  which is her word for: gambling on the boats.

Honored Contributor

living so far from my family & friends every year we plan a big family dinner -- I enjoy cooking (love my kids do too) so we start early morning and prepare -- for a fun night of good food, family & friends!

For bday or special occasions I love my kids give me Southwestairlines gift cards so it's nice if I see good fare I just get ticket and can go anytime!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really do not like gift cards.  I'm always disappointed when I get one.  I only gve them to people, like teenagers, when I have no idea of what to buy them.  Or to someone who asks for gift card, like my niece.  I prefer gifts and I am not picky about what I get as long as the person who gave it to me put some thought into. Our family rule for gifts is "no gift cards".   I have a Christmas lunch with a group of ladies and we exchange gifts and we have a "no gift cardz" and "no candles rule". 

I like scented bath prducts, body lotions, scarves, gloves.  Movie passes.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I love a ride in the country. That was my favorite part of any trip. He liked driving (why I have no idea), I love riding and seeing the countryside.

That would work for me.  But he'd have to spring for a nice lunch at some interesting roadside restaurant or cafe.