Honored Contributor

Re: What are you buying from Christmas in July sale?

@mousiegirl I probably shouldn't admit this but here's some of the 'dumb' stuff I do.

So, a few months ago I was downstairs in the office.  Now I keep the door shut because I don't do business and don't need the office anymore.  But anyway I was down there going through the closet (which it is supposed to be another bedroom).

Anyway, I found an unopened copier/fax machine, the whole deal.  I'd put in there also a TV I bought months ago from HSN but didn't want it because when my friend went to put it up I realized it was only 720 not 1080!

Anyway, I contacted a group of ladies who help pit bulls (they're used for target practice, etc...terrible).  Anyway, at first they wanted it (to help raise money) right away.  But then they decided to wait until they had a wine tasting party and raffle it off.  Bottom line I still haven't heard from them and they're still in the office.

I'm going to text her and find out if she still wants them.  They've never been used.

Thanks for the reminder.  Once I gave away all of my suitcases.  Then when I went to see my daughter....I didn't have a suitcase and I had to buy some more!

That's the dumb stuff I do.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@mousiegirl I probably shouldn't admit this but here's some of the 'dumb' stuff I do.

So, a few months ago I was downstairs in the office.  Now I keep the door shut because I don't do business and don't need the office anymore.  But anyway I was down there going through the closet (which it is supposed to be another bedroom).

Anyway, I found an unopened copier/fax machine, the whole deal.  I'd put in there also a TV I bought months ago from HSN but didn't want it because when my friend went to put it up I realized it was only 720 not 1080!

Anyway, I contacted a group of ladies who help pit bulls (they're used for target practice, etc...terrible).  Anyway, at first they wanted it (to help raise money) right away.  But then they decided to wait until they had a wine tasting party and raffle it off.  Bottom line I still haven't heard from them and they're still in the office.

I'm going to text her and find out if she still wants them.  They've never been used.

Thanks for the reminder.  Once I gave away all of my suitcases.  Then when I went to see my daughter....I didn't have a suitcase and I had to buy some more!

That's the dumb stuff I do.

@Annabellethecat66  LOL, LOL re suitcases!  I can relate.  I come across things that I don't remember ordering, now that is a BIG sign something is awry, lol.

I have a closet like yours, the extra bedroom, it is full of decor, stuffed animals, etc.  I used to only need that one room, now the garage is full of the six tiered steel shelving units on wheels, loaded to the max.  We almost have to turn sideways to get from the garage door to the door entering the house.

If the pitbull people don't want them, I am sure many other places would, battered women's shelters, animal shelters, and you could probably find a place online in your area, if not, sell them.  You and I should have a garage sale, but then that is a lot more work, and I have enough hard labor as it is, lol.

So, you are not alone. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the VPH Cupcake Gingerbread houses. Mine came in excellent condition and I'm very pleased. I read the reviews and lots of people recieved defective, broken, not working (lights up) houses. I also ordered VPH Glitter Spiral Ribbon in red, white, and silver. Very happy with those as well.

Regular Contributor

I really want to get a good look at Valerie's Set of 3 Sparkling Diamond Ice Trees (H215306) that were in her Sneak Peek on FB and will prob buy those. I saw a set a couple years ago at Pottery Barn and they were so pricey but I loved them. I keep checking, but they aren't available yet......

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 5' flocked TS after DH said it was amazing.  My sister bought the 7 1/2" flocked

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

I bought the gingerbread cupcakes, gingerbread triangles, and gingerbread house. My cup runneth over with gingerbread.......and I will probably gain 10 pounds from eating all of it......Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I just saw the first (of many!) Poo Pouri presentations.

I'm watching the 3 hour show with Pat from yesterday morning.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I haven't seen any "must-haves" yet, but I am interested in the Lenox set of 3 ornaments in the clear choice.  I also want Philosophy's Peppermint Stick set, but I can do without it.  I'll probably wait until they start their actual holiday shows in October or November.

I'm holding out for Harry right now.  I know I won't be purchasing his TSV, but I'm hoping he has some nice holiday figural items. 

My nephew got married last September and everyone left with one of those Lenox ornaments.  They are nicer in person than they appear on tv.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Absolutely nothing.  It's 100+ outside with insane humidity.  Christmas in July?  Just gets on my nerves.