Honored Contributor

Re: What are you buying from Christmas in July sale?

Thinking about the candles tomorrow 

Honored Contributor

I watch to get ideas and then try to replicate it locally or with what I already have, if I can.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I purchased the Berkshire throw in the cat print & thinking about the nutcracker print for a gift.

Occasional Contributor

Not much of anything. Haven't seen anything that promotes me to buy. Looking for Harry London but nothing. For Cheryls cookies I've only seen the angel. I did see 5 tins with cookies but they are the same as either last year or the year before.

Honored Contributor

There's a Cheryl's Cookies Q2 TSV (or whatever) today.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I caved and bought the Spencer Home Red Truck Pillow set and am seriously considering the Nourison Poinsettia Accent Rug.  Lots of nice things, but I already have so much Christmas decor that I'm trying to keep things to a minimum.  I enjoy the shows, though!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far nothing has really caught my eye. To quote that old commercial "I think I've reached the end of the internet.", at least as far as Christmas decorating is concerned.

The TSV tree is interesting. I love all the functions and I really love the micro light starry effect, but am still apprehensive about multi color lights in LED. I'm really not a fan of LED lights, they always seem a little harsh to me. I'm more of an incandescent girl. Love that starry light effect though. 

The Lenox set of Christmas ornaments in clear stones are intriguing but am really hoping for a new set like last year's that were just silver, no color. We'll see if Jill or Valerie can entice me this evening. Kinda hoping they don't actually. 😳 Definitely don't need anything else.

Honored Contributor

Nothing yet. I don’t watch the Q unless I see a particular item. I browse the programs online so I know what’s been shown. 

I can always use another Jim Shore Christmas cat decoration of course.

Plus I love browsing the local craft shows. Unbelievable workmanship.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made my purchases last weekend on the free shipping day. I had things on my wish list and was hoping for a free shipping day before the end of July. I purchased the Kringle Express gift bags, VPH Joy sign, 2 peanuts Berksire throws, Sigma travel size makeup brushes with case (steal at $38), and 2 more VPH urns. I normally purchase Mrs. Prindables or Cheryl's cookies but I don't like the ship dates offered. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

There are some foods we usually get at Christmas, but so far they haven't aired what I want. 

I usually get the My Grandma's coffee cakes, but in the tins, and those I haven't seen yet. 

We also always order the Mrs. P apples but only really like the Pink Lady variety, and they usually don't have those available till mid December it seems. 

Other than that, I ordered some of the Bethlehem Lights touch candles on clearance with free shipping, thinking of using those as gifts (not yesterday's TSV window candles). I have several sets of those myself, and have had great luck with them.

I ordered and received the Luminara mini lanterns that were the Big Deal, (after saying I would not.....go figure!), and I'm testing the battery life and quality of the tea lights. I think the lanterns are adorable and got them in the ivory. If the tea lights don't last (and the battery life isn't at least what they claim) they will be going back. 

I'm really not interested in 99% of what I'm seeing. I know it is a sign I have way too much already, and I'm only enticed by things I can use all year, or that I think might make a good gift for the few people left on my list.

I bought the ivory touch candles too because they can be used any time, and the ones I use now on the mantle have a so so battery life. It’s hot and light outside till past 9:30—I will start to use them in September. For some reason it feels even hotter if I have the effect of lit candles in the house! Other than that, I have too much Christmas to use it all anyway. The one item I bought last year was the lantern with the church because it looked just like my childhood church. Something would have to speak to me like that before I will buy more actual Christmas decor. I see many pretty things and hope everyone is enjoying the shows.