Respected Contributor

Re: What are Your Plans for Christmas?

@BunSnoop  We will be sharing the same experience, myself, my husband and our 6 month old west highland terrier.  He had a neuter surgery on the 15th so I hope he feels like playing more with his new toys that Santa Paws has bought him.  Enjoy your dinner and may the joys of Christmas come to you on angel wings! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You’ll do great @BunSnoop I’m sure of it.

We’re shaking up all our traditions this year due to the birth of MY first great grandson. I think we’ll go ahead and let him have all his gifts pre Christmas Eve since everyone wants to see him and he has a 7:30 bedtime. We’ll also change from midnight mass to five o’clock family service and after the baby’s down we’ll do our regular eats and gifts (maybe less drinks and games).

On Christmas morning everyone will go to the other sides of their families and I will crash.

No matter what it will be a Blessing with this new little one. He’s 10 mos. now and doing something new and special every day. We all live on the same land which helps keep us safer (especially me the elder).

It isn’t easy stuck at home away from your loved ones but ...

UPDATE 12/23 Grandson home from college positive for Omicron (fully vaccinated) spent 4 hrs. getting antibodies but we are now revising all plans and hoping for the best. Hopefully he will test okay tomorrow so we can open gifts and eat together but we will quarantine together. 

Super Contributor

For it to be over.  I try not to go to a store for at least one week before.  The insane people, crowds, accidents........ Who needs it? 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Like @Desertdi   says, just another day but without decent TV or mail.  My 2 dogs and I will do nothing except maybe a load of laundry.  I have no relatives here, friends gave died or moved away.  I've been in isolation for almost 2 years. 

You are not in isolation.  Actually you have the best friends anybody can have - 2 dogs.  I spend mine with my two cats which is heaven.  I love solitude. 

Honored Contributor

We are counting on spending a quiet day at home in our pj's, and eating a good meal.   

Valued Contributor

It is my husband and myself and one brother and one of my cousins at our place.

My mother passed this year and it has been hard. My father passed 4 yrs ago. My husbands parents have been gone a few yrs longer.

I come from a large family (many younger siblings) and I remember the wonderful Christmas celebrations we would have growning up. Many of my siblings live out of state. 

I have been trying to get into the Christmas spirit -- if only for myself. 

I hope it is a good day for all .

Respected Contributor

Quiet for us again this year. No family gatherings due to Covid. My daughter is a nurse so she's working Christmas Day. So she and her family will come over Christmas Eve and my sons will be here to exchange and that's about it.  We will fry up some wings with sides...nothing big.  Christmas Day is supposed to be in the 60's here so hubs and I are going to take a quick ride down to the beach. 

Everyone enjoy your day, whatever you plan and be safe😉🎄

Honored Contributor

We will be driving about an hour to spend the evening, and share dinner with 4 close family members. All vaxed, and boosted.

The only such visit in a long while, and likely the only one for another long while.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     As of right now.....weatherman is predicting a high of 64 and RAIN for Christmas Day.    I guess that rules out "going for a ride". 

LAUNDRY sounds good !!!    Happy Holidays, di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

We flew to my parents before Omicron exploded so we will be able to spend Christmas with them.  There was a question about Christmas dinner because my brother is unvaxxed, but it is going to be 83 degrees on Christmas day so we can have an early Christmas dinner outside.  I'm happy to avoid the drama.