Trusted Contributor

What are Your Plans for Christmas?

It will just be me, my husband and little fur baby this year.  Our family is so small and majority of what we do have live out of state.

Usually we try to go to a local resort that has a lovely buffet for Christmas, but this year I could not find any places in our area serving a Christmas buffet.

So, I'll be cooking a beef roast.  I don't really enjoy cooking too much, but want to have a nice dinner, so I'll do my best.

If QVC has their Christmas programming, I'll have that on so I can watch/listen to it when I'm busy in the kitchen.

How about you?  What are your plans?

Honored Contributor

Re: What are Your Plans for Christmas?

It will be Saturday......with all the stores closed

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It will just be DH and myself, our two grown children and their SO's.  It's a quiet day (no grandchildren) so we'll just enjoy some background Christmas music.   We are cooking a prime rib, baked potatoes and having salad on the side.   Probably have football on later and just enjoy each other's company Smiley Happy   Oh yeah, and hubby is making his specialty dessert........chocolate Kahlua mousse.   

Honored Contributor

Like @Desertdi   says, just another day but without decent TV or mail.  My 2 dogs and I will do nothing except maybe a load of laundry.  I have no relatives here, friends gave died or moved away.  I've been in isolation for almost 2 years. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just two of us and I'm making a pot roast. No fancy dessert. So tv, naps and whatever feelings grip us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

It will be Saturday......with all the stores closed

@Desertdi 

For me, that's a good thing, it's the only day of the year DD doesn't have to work, she manages a grocery store chain (Kroger).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Just DH and I.  Opted not to go to DD's in KS.  Didn't want to fly with the masses, and didn't want to drive, because weather can be iffy.  So, it will be quiet, although we are looking forward to FT with GS when he opens his presents.  He is three, (tomorrow) and Christmas is going to be fun for him. 

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie 

Awww, that's gonna be so much fun! Make sure to have film and batteries (if used) or charge up the digital camera, it's party time!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Church, volunteer, early dinner, then meet family for a walk & dessert.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Like @Desertdi   says, just another day but without decent TV or mail.  My 2 dogs and I will do nothing except maybe a load of laundry.  I have no relatives here, friends gave died or moved away.  I've been in isolation for almost 2 years. 

@Kachina624 What you said.  Only no dogs!  We'll drive around and look at lights that night, it's going to be 78 degrees on Christmas eve, so I'm thinking eat lunch outdoors!  A picnic!