Contributor

Re: What are Your Plans for Christmas?

Christmas Eve at Mom's (she wanted lasagna!) and 'm ushering at the 8 and 9:30 church services. Christmas Day at my brother's.

Trusted Contributor

We were planning on being with the only daughter and grandkids who live instate..,but now learned they are all sick with what they insist is not Covid....so now we aren't sure what to do....I cannot sit here with just the two of us staring at the gifts we have for the four grandkids. 

Trusted Contributor

Sorry for the loss of your dear mom. The first Christmas was the hardest for me, but every holiday season Is filled with sweet memories of her and I will always miss her dearly. God bless you to feel comfort and peace.

Trusted Contributor

It's supposed to be 84 here tomorrow; that will be a new record high for Christmas Day. . Hardly a white Christmas, but after last February's snowmageddon, I will take it! Kids who get new bikes or basketballs will be able to go outside and enjoy them.

Esteemed Contributor

Well today being Christmas eve my church has a handful of services that start at 2:00 p.m. The services are in person or on-line. I will be viewing the 2:00 service on-line.

Tomorrow, I will spend it as I always do with my brother, SIL, niece,  nephew, and some miscellaneous family members. This year they have invited one of their neighbors as well. All total there will probably be about 15 of us. We will exchange gifts, before the neighbors arrive, and have a huge spread. Turkey, Ham, Mac & Cheese, greens, the list goes on.

Most are vaccinated including myself. 

Merry Christmas to all. 

Honored Contributor

We've already planned for our family gathering to be next weekend. Christmas morning, DH and I will start the day as usual with a couple cups of coffee.  He'll eat a light breakfast but I fast until noon or so. Maybe we'll watch a Christmas movie or church service on tv.  Our DIL is working tomorrow so our son and granddaughter will come here and hang out - they'll probably arrive around 10:00. We have a few small gifts for them, but the real gifts will happen next week.  Food will be casual and simple; a big tossed salad for lunch and homemade Buffalo wings, celery and bleu cheese dressing later on.  I have some leftover keto peanut butter pie in the fridge for dessert. 

Honored Contributor

My xmas will be just with my 2 adult kids---I live with DD.  DS and his SO came over and helped cook xmas eve dinner last night----we had a great time!! and our dinner was so good!! have to explain that Xmas 2021 is the first one in 47 years of marriage without-- the soon- to-be ex---and it was calm  and happy and easy going---NO ONE missed his snarly presence!!! today, Xmas day, DD and I will cook more of our favorite foods and open gifts---all on our own---truly a Xmas miracle!!!! Woman Very HappyHeart