Respected Contributor

Re: What I didn't buy during Christmas in July!

[ Edited ]

Well, there are lots of things that tempted me (boxwood items, magnolia items in gold/ivory), but I'll list the things that were actually in my cart that I didn't buy.

The beaded ornaments in red and gold, the balls and the finials. Couldn't decide which so got none.

The set of five illuminated wax trees in ivory and green. May end up getting them someday, but not now.

@Mominohio- I did get the red truck. I wasn't going to when I saw the price, but then I asked DH what he thought of it as a Christmas decoration and he liked it. He said it's better than all the sleighs and reindeer. Lol. Also, when I saw it presented, it looked nicely done. Anyway, this leads to the next two items on my list.

The snowy cardinal trees. Thought they might look good with the truck but couldn't tell size-wise.

The reindeer. I want some silver ones to go with my silver sleigh, but the new ones are too big. Also liked the gold ones - thought of putting them with the gold hurricane I ordered and the glistening wax trees, etc. but wasn't sure of the color. I don't have gold reindeer yet.

The cute little birds.

The sets of two or three snowmen, cute but don't need more snowmen.

I did like that coppery looking lattice hurricane but don't think it was ever in my cart. I think that's about it.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt

I hear you! .....I have too many Christmas things, especially after selling my home up north and downsizing . I was getting kind of tired of some of my old decorations, so having some new will make me excited about decorating again I think. I'm calling it my merry Christmas to me from me (:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Spurt

I hear you! .....I have too many Christmas things, especially after selling my home up north and downsizing . I was getting kind of tired of some of my old decorations, so having some new will make me excited about decorating again I think. I'm calling it my merry Christmas to me from me (:

@Azcowgirl

There are some Christmas things I have that are very special to me (either because of who gave it to me, or a special memory, or heck just something I love and enjoy bringing it out each year)....but there are others that have served their purpose and time to be donated so someone else can enjoy them.....  and donating allows room for something new and unique and like your said rejuvnates my decorating "juices"..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Wanted the cardinal trees from Valerie's show, but I wasn't fast enough on the computer before they sold out. They were the only items of hers that appealed to me.

I watched her show and Jill's and much preferred Jill's choices. Looked like more quality items. Valerie's struck me as cheap and somewhat tawdry, stuff you'd find at the Dollar Stores! Jill's reindeer were much classier and less garish than Valerie's. I think her items have diminished in quality and appeal since she first began.

Trusted Contributor

I wanted the new Bethlehem Lights battery operated indoor/outdoor light strand.

Would need multiple sets, but paying $5.50 shipping for each set was a big

NO for me.

I thought I would be ordering Valerie's set of two birds in nest, but after seeing them

presented I changed my mind.

spurt, I saw where you mentioned the JS candy corn kitty on another thread.

You made me order it, but I got mine on ebay.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I wanted the new Bethlehem Lights battery operated indoor/outdoor light strand.

Would need multiple sets, but paying $5.50 shipping for each set was a big

NO for me.

I thought I would be ordering Valerie's set of two birds in nest, but after seeing them

presented I changed my mind.

spurt, I saw where you mentioned the JS candy corn kitty on another thread.

You made me order it, but I got mine on ebay.

@yellowrose

HEY YELLOWROSE!  

I'm glad you also got the JS Candy Corn Kitty---it sure was cute Cat Very Happy  Didn't think about looking for it on "the bay"................Can't wait to get that kitty....I wish fall would hurry up and get here not just for the cooler temperatures, but for the fun autumn/fall/Halloween decorating too.........Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a nice thread!  It makes me not feel so bad about not buying the things I really wanted.  Now I know I'm not alone!

VPH - Set of 2 Vintage Angels  -- They are soooo pretty and I know I could find a great spot for them in my house, but I promised myself I would only buy ONE thing and that wasn't it.  It was a hard choice to make!

VPH - Boxwood Berry Wreath -- I bought the trees instead.  I was going back and forth between the two, but I figured the trees would look beautiful on either side of my console table.  I buy a real wreath for my door, so the boxwood wouldn't work there.  The only option would have been to put it on my basement door, but I figured I could live without that!

VPH - Illuminated Lantern -- I fell asleep for the presentation and only saw it this morning.  SO beautiful!  I probably would have canceled the trees for the cottage scene, but it's now sold out.  I'm going to HOPE that they come back or have a variation on the fall scene.  I will definitely buy it then!!

There were a BUNCH of Kringle Express items I wanted, but I knew I could live without them, so I passed.  I really liked David's super-size show with those elves, but they were way out of my price-range.

Too many great things and not enough money to buy them with!!  I proud of myself for demonstrating self-control though! lol

Honored Contributor

I purchased one Plow and Hearth item.  

The only other items that remotely tempted me in the past 3 days were:

Set of 5 birds with hats on them by Valerie (I think).  Believe it or not, the inspirational words on the little birds are what ruined them for me.

Jim Shore (always a temptation, no matter the season).  I didn't see any presentations and made sure I didn't check out items recently on air or any product videos.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I'm using a very edited buy list as well. We will be downsizing in the next few years, so I'm not really looking for things for myself. I did buy a few gifts for relateives. I asked my children to let me know what they wanted, but they had to be coaxed into a few things. I would have loved to get Valerie's swans and reindeer and also the beautiful JOY with the cardinals, and most of the greenery. I had the Luminara set of 4 votives in my cart and then removed them. Just too much money.