Honored Contributor

What I didn't buy during Christmas in July!

Great when your thread title can start with a rhyme!

I saw so many great things that I loved during CIJ, but didn't buy. Part of the reason is I have too many things. Part of the reason is I have too little money (can anyone figure how to flip that so I have way more money and less things?......I know....stop buying things!.....but where is the fun in that?!) And part of the reason is the shipping total I see when I order so many items. 

So what did you all see that you loved, but didn't buy for whatever reason?

I wanted but didn't buy:

The red truck in Valerie's line. So cute, but too expensive.

The frosted Santa in the gold sleigh, looks vintage that was on last night with Valerie. Love it, but don't need another Santa anything....ever...for my next 6 lives!

The cardinal trees that they showed with this sleigh last night.

More than one set of reindeer, just have enough!

The Bethlehem Lights mixed greens hanging basket with the vintage looking bells in it. Only because of money.

The VPH antiqued cathedral mirrors in gold and white, because I have nowhere to really display them. Have wanted them for a long time!

The Luminara TSV because of battery life.

A new Christmas tree for the family room (having trouble with the lights on the old one), because I can't find just the right one, at 6 foot (not 6 and one half foot, just won't fit well where we need it).

Honored Contributor

Re: What I didn't buy during Christmas in July!

I didn't buy 99% of it. I bought only a few more Connemara marble nativity sets and wise men and the TSV bags.  Oh, and for some unknown reason, I ordered the door hanger jingle bell thing which has already been shipped back. Never again. To be honest, that kind of soured me on Valerie's things. 

I DID enjoy watching Valerie's shows though. But I've significantly pared down the amount of Christmas "stuff" We have and I really don't want to get more unless it's something really unique and it just calls my name. 

When I was watching Valerie's show last night, to be honest, all the stuff crammed on that set overwhelmed me a little. All I could think of was getting all that and then having to store it.  It was too much for me. 

But we're all different and have different wants or not wants. I do appreciate the effort she puts into her shows. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show and saw many items I liked.  I have too much already in the holiday decorating department.  I decided to be practical and passed on everything.  I have to say I loved the large sized angel and would have bought it if the price was much lower.  That would be the item I wanted but didn't buy.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good title! Smiley Very Happy

I wanted but didn't buy the H211311 lanterns... 

No matter how hard I tried, I could see using them, just not storing them. I have 6 various lanterns and for our small home for changing out during the seasons is plenty.

Additionally, I have 5 sets of the MG spheres...so then I just saw MG-lantern overkill...LOL

I also really liked those lanterns with the scenes in them. I would have chosen the church of the 3 options. I didn't need another Santa...just ordered the JS woodland Santa. I wasn't crazy about the cottage/house.

The problem is I couldn't justify buying the church. I have VPH's church cloche (which looks almost exactly the same) and the lighted church I got last year I love...H205805. So I maxed out on churches too!

Too bad the Fall option couldn't be bought by itself...I 'might' have at least considered it  to display next to our VPH swan lamp on our bookcase in the livingroom. 

I thought I was going to buy the boxwood trees and wreath, but became disappointed during the presentation. The trees were definitely too short for my liking and I just became less enthusiastic for the wreath too...meh...no 'Wow' factor for me.

That's about it... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I bought a few things because I decided to donate some of my old items that I am tired of. I have a large storage room which can be a dangerous thing. (:

I enjoyed Valerie and Jane's show.....good job ladies !

Honored Contributor

I'm winding up with a jolly collection of "nostalgic ceramic" Christmas trees. I plan before the season goes by to have a green and a white 17" tree and  green set and a white set of the 5" trees.

I put them all over the house last year, nd this year I'll group them all over the house.

I LOVE THEM, no matter how annoying some of them can be.

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted a lot of Valeries items but I didnt buy any because I have enough decorations. (I did buy other things I needed and 1 gift. I  posted that all on the other threads)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I bought a few things because I decided to donate some of my old items that I am tired of. I have a large storage room which can be a dangerous thing. (:

I enjoyed Valerie and Jane's show.....good job ladies !

@Azcowgirl

I need to donate first before I start  doing any serious Christmas decor shopping....

I did think Jane did a good job this time.....she really allowed Valerie to take the lead with the show, and there were no lengthy family updates this time around---GOOD JOB! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I loved watching Valerie's shows.  There were so many beautiful things.  I think the items in blush were the ones that intrigued me the most.  I didn't buy any of them because I don't use that color in my decor and my mother, who does, doesn't want any more Christmas decor.  I was very tempted, though.  I also liked the two new holiday scenic lanterns.  I have the cottage from last year and thought long and hard about adding the church to my collection, but when I saw that the church wasn't illuminated within decided not to buy it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  Good post!

I too have too much Christmas decor and really don't need a thing....but I do enjoy watching Valerie's Shows...........I did succomb to 2 of Jim Shore's angels---but they are both suited to year round decorating rather than Christmas....and the only other things I bought were a fall/autumn runner from the Irish Show.....and a Jim Shore candy corn Halloween kitty from his website...........

I too like vintage, and liked the truck---but too pricey for something I really didnt need......

I did like the cardinal trees and could have used them in my decorating.....but I already had the cardinal trees in the buckets......and Valerie had some bird houses that would have fit in nicely with my cardinal/wintery theme in my kitchen, but I saw some that were nicer and cheaper at Hobby Lobby last year if I REALLY feel I need them........

I have some of Valerie's deer packed away that i used to display on my coffee table, but I decided to go with a different display last year, and will go with the same display this year (just to change it up a bit).............so none of the deer in CIJ were in my plans............

Personally I got sick and tired of the repetitive showings of the TSVs (the gift bags and the Luminara).......I'm tired of Luminara making us pay for the remote controls and think it should be an optional choice (to help lower the price) for those that use timers or already have lots of remotes that can be used with Luminara already!!! Woman Frustrated  I did like the size of the tea lights---and did like the harvest auto delivery option but will make do with the Luminaras I alreadyhave!

BTW @Mominohio  since your looking for a  6 ft tree.....I went with my sister last year we went everywhere!!!  Let me tell  you its hard to find a 6 ft trees these days if you want the in pole lighting or some of the other features (ability to change color of lights ec), it seems they saved those for the 6 1/2, 7 or 7 1/2) trees, the best prices we found were at Home Depot, she ended up getting her tree at Target paying a little more but its very full and very nice.... (Michaels had some decent 6 ft trees last year too--nice and full, but they didnt have some of the features)......Good Luck on your tree search!.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”