Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Holiday Decoration Purchase Was a Delightful Surprise?

[ Edited ]

@corita  and @Catiele  My niece gave me a bulb in a tall glass vase two years ago. It was beautiful! And, @juanitalinda, your co-worker must have taken too many English Lit courses! :Smiley Surprised

ETA: Here's a pic of the amaryllis:

Amaryllis.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thanks @avid shopper 

I'm not sure why I didn't see that listing when I originally did the search!  I will say, your picture looks so much nicer than the qvc pictures.  Qvc could use your photo skills Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  and @jlkz  Your nativities are just beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Glad that you enjoyed your amaryllis too. I now want to get another one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a darling Swedish gnome at Christmas and still have it by the fireplace. It has a grey/red plaid coat and simple red stocking hat so it works for Valentine’s Day also. I ordered a second one of similar size to sit at the other end of the raised hearth. I have very little whimsy in my decor but these just make me happy. They have apparently become the darlings of the moment (I see them in DYI stuff on Facebook), but I believe their long holiday tradition make them iconic and will give them some traction. I sent a set of four rather masculine gnomes to a brother who spent Christmas alone. He enjoyed them too and said they were “no fuss” festive and brought a smile to his isolation. Made me happy.

Honored Contributor

This was the first year we stayed at our summer house for Christmas and we had no decorations here at all.

We had such a hard time finding String A Long lights in red and also in green.

I don't use those colors inside my house because it clashes.

But I wanted to wrap some red lights around some pretty pine garland on my banister going up to the front door.

And I have two dwarf cypress flanking the stairs that I wanted in green.

We finally found them in an *off the beaten path* hardware store.   I bought extras for backups.

Something so simple, but it was like looking for toilet tissue back in April I swear!

Super Contributor

Mine too!   He would drag the skirt into a corner to make a bed for himself and snooze away.  I did the military crawl under the tree to retrieve the skirt a couple times, but finally let him keep it and I got a different tree skirt.  

aside from that, none of my cats has ever paid any attention to the tree, even as kittens.   I consider myself lucky. 

Honored Contributor

The Nativity set from Valerie 20201107_142622.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  That is a beautiful nativity in a lovely setting!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Spurt  That is a beautiful nativity in a lovely setting!

@PA Mom-mom 

Thank you!  I was so pleased and happy with the nativity....but I should vacuumed before I took the photo...I noticed that you can see some remants of cat hair where one of my kitties loves to nap on the arm of that chair....oh well, cat hair can be part of being a cat pet parent....😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”