Super Contributor

Re: What Holiday Decoration Purchase Was a Delightful Surprise?

The lights on my 5 ft prelit tree went out this year which turned out to be a blessing in disquise.  I had bought a few sets  of Valerie's snowy paper houses (H224860)  which are on a timer and a few sets of her mercury chamberstick candles (H224758).  

I ended up putting them up on the tree and setting the timers so some turned on in the morning and some at night.  I love how it turned out.  This picture is before I moved around some of the other ornaments to balance out the lights at night.  

christmas tree small.jpg

Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda  What a good idea! It looks beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars 

They were originally offered in red or white.  I am seeing them available in red in both original offer and as is catagory....6:50am Friday

Esteemed Contributor

@juanitalinda  Great idea!  I love it!

Respected Contributor

I bought an amaryllis bulb in a box. Followed the directions and I know have a beautiful red flower. It takes awhile but it was worth it. My husband became interested and he staked it for me. I will do it again for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I bought an amaryllis bulb in a box. Followed the directions and I know have a beautiful red flower. It takes awhile but it was worth it. My husband became interested and he staked it for me. I will do it again for sure.

----------------

I bought one for myself!!  I am so pleased and amazed!!  My stems are about 7 inches now and two flowers are just about to bloom!!  A third stem is just showing!!  I think I saw them offered at Amazon too, but it has been awhile!!

Sent one to my DD for January birthday.  Hers is beginning to grow....

Valued Contributor

Illuminated Harvest Glitter Scene by Valerie; can be run on batteries or plugged in.  I had it on the kitchen hutch and my husband commented on how well it looked.  I hope Valerie has one for spriing.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita  @Catiele   

I love red amaryllis bulbs ... they have such stunning flowers .... 

BUT  ..  

Many years ago my mother giave me an amaryllis bulb for Christmas.  Since I worked long hours I brought it into the office and put it on my desk so I could watch it bloom.

Imagine my surprise when Human Relations called me into the office to inform me that one of the other women in the office found its shape 'crude and offensive'.  I was told to remove it  from my desk immediately. 

I have never looked at an amarylis without thinking of that embarrassing experience, even though I laugh about it now.

Esteemed Contributor

My VPH White Truck.  I left it out as I plan to use it Year round. 

Respected Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

@corita  @Catiele   

I love red amaryllis bulbs ... they have such stunning flowers .... 

BUT  ..  

Many years ago my mother giave me an amaryllis bulb for Christmas.  Since I worked long hours I brought it into the office and put it on my desk so I could watch it bloom.

Imagine my surprise when Human Relations called me into the office to inform me that one of the other women in the office found its shape 'crude and offensive'.  I was told to remove it  from my desk immediately. 

I have never looked at an amarylis without thinking of that embarrassing experience, even though I laugh about it now.

Wow, @juanitalinda , I can't imagine what went on in that woman's mind.  She obviously had some serious issues.