Respected Contributor

Re: What Holiday Decoration Purchase Was a Delightful Surprise?

Although I didn't buy anything this year, an earlier purchase still brightens my day....even DH stops to gaze at it. 

Similar to another poster, this year I took down most of the holiday decorations very early, except for this one in the great room:

90649F79-B1C8-438E-90FC-BFD83D0F58A8.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Luminara Set of 3 Glitter Pillars with Gift Box and Remote H224041. I got these in the icy white as a TSV and was surprised at how much I love them!!

They are so real looking they fooled my son when he came over.   I like how they automatically go on each evening and turn off by themselves.   

I've decided to keep them out longer. 

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom A couple of years ago I purchased a VPH lantern (12" high) that is filled with a glycerin-type liquid (?) with and angel inside. When plugged in, it has a light and there are sparkly pieces that swirl all around - very pretty when the room's lights are off.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite was my new Christmas tree. I hadn't had a tree in several years because of the cats (I had one who would sit in it and one year knocked it over) and I was afraid one of them would knock it over but I missed having a tree and decided to give it a try this year. It was a success. None of the cats bothered it. In fact, two of them slept either under it or near it. The kitten didn't even seem to care. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Mr. Christmas nostolgic  lit christmas trees (set of 4).   They had a set of 4 different colors, I kept 2 for my decor and gave my adult kids each one.  They were very cute and were bright when lit.  My kids don't put up trees due to having cats, so at least they had a little lit tree Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your favorites and your pictures! It just makes me happy! 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty -

My cat loved to sleep under the tree alsoSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

my favorite QVC purchases was the Valerie par hill little white snow globe lantern. And then a Mr. Christmas fiber optic angel with moving wings. But I love fiber-optic.

My big purchase favorite that I made was a Christmas tree that was white flocked from Home Depot. And then I purchased a tree red tree collar from Michael’s which I loved also.

I also enjoyed a canvas print of the nativity that I bought at big lot. It plays Noel and lights up.
Respected Contributor

The Harry Slatkin Green Christmas Tree.LOVE it! So pretty I'm leaving it out all year. Don't even have to burn it.....smells great with just the top off. PLEASE offer refills so I can.

HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Green Christmas Tree - H223611

Respected Contributor

@avid shopper   what are those red trees you are showing?   

and @PA Mom-mom 

Those white lanterns look so nice in both of your pictures! 

Maybe I'll buy them!  They are available now for $29+.  Does that seem like a good price for them?