Esteemed Contributor

What Christmas tree topper is 'in' for this year....

I remember when I was little, it was a star....then it was an angel......then a large bow. Is there a new trend?

I am looking to change up our large tree in the Family room this year.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Christmas tree topper is 'in' for this year....

I lost our original American Tinsel Company Angel, surrounded by her fiberglass halo, when we emptied my mother's home. She was mistakenly left in an outdoor shed, and sustained too much water damage to be repaired.

I've never gotten over losing her. Tried eBay, tried Etsy, tried Pinterest, tried restoring the damage that was done to her, nothing quite works.

We have an elegant angel that tops the tree now, but I never see her without missing the original.

As we get older, Christmas becomes a beautiful season of renewal, but often a season of poignant memories as well.

Respected Contributor

I don't pay attention to trends, so can't really help.  I only posted to say I absolutely ADORED the tree topper in the movie "The Santa Clause 3 - Escape Clause."  It was a gorgeous star with crystals and wire and I have hunted for it or something similar since I saw it.  With all the merchandising Disney does, I'm surprised they never issued that tree topper!

You might look on Pinterest and see if anything catches your eye.  I think Christmas trees and how we decorate them are very personal choices.

Respected Contributor

I don't worry about trends, I buy what I like.  Our tree decorations are all red and white so my topper has to coordinate with the color scheme. 

Respected Contributor

We have an old world santa tree topper and it is beautiful and I love the old world santas and have several of them sitting in different rooms during the holidays. Gorgeous and QVC sells several of them that I own.

Super Contributor

I am hoping to change out my tree topper this year too.  I went to a few  Christmas tree auctions last year and they had such a wonderful variety that I couldn't really decide what I want to do.  

Last year lots of the trees had a few  branches or picks at the top. like a starburst  Some of the picks were traditional branches, but some were more abstract interpretations of candy canes or gingerbread themed.   A few had a large stuffed animal set off on the side.    

I lthink I'm going to try arranging the picks, at the top this year.   It might not be the trend this year, but it looks like a pretty inexpensive way to change the look.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma

I love bows. This was our tree last year. :-)

(Ugh, it's sideways.. Sorry)

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lola wrote:

@Nataliesgramma

I love bows. This was our tree last year. :-)

(Ugh, it's sideways.. Sorry)

image.jpeg

@LoLa

Wow! What a beautiful tree. It looks like something out of a magazine! You have a wonderful eye for creating a very elegant tree!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

Hi! You're so kind. Thank you very much. I love decorating a lot. Plus, a good amount came from QVC. lol ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there really is an "in" or an "out." Our family tradition is to put two white doves at the top of the tree. If you place the tree lights just right , you can see the doves reflected on the ceiling as well. Sometimes I'll put white bows beneath them, and sometimes baby's breath.