Respected Contributor

Re: Went to my favorite Christmas store today.

@ladycos wrote:

@froggy

They had all three sizes, the 32 in.,18 in. and the carolers in the sleigh. After two visits back to look them over I chose the sleigh.  I think that one is the most user friendly. I love it and I'm glad I waited. 

Oh and love that plate also but it was a little pricey and I had already spent a lot on ribbon. Yikes!

@ladycos

Regarding the carolers you bought in the sleigh - if you got the same ones I did they are just covered in glitter. When I took them out of the box I had glitter all over my kitchen floor.

I went to Walmart and got a can of clear acrylic spray (in the craft dept). Today I sprayed all the surfaces that had glitter and it seems to have done the trick. The fur is just slightly stiffened, but not much and you can't tell by looking at it.

Frequent Contributor

ladycos The fire I mentioned was a few years before that tragedy, but now I'm not sure if it was that building. Stay tuned.....I'll check!

Respected Contributor

@CarmieOh, CARMIE,  I'm so sorry your tree decorating brought you to tears.  It's not supposed to be that way at all.  Perhaps you should take a break from the tree.  When my mom was in the hospital over the holidays one year we did not get around to a tree.  A friend of mine brought a Very large potted Poinsetta plant and  That plant on a table with a tree skirt was just enough holiday for us then.   There are times when less is best.

I hope you can find some small happiness in a little decoration this year.

Trusted Contributor

@froggy

Yes, I bought the one like you have. That is good to know. I haven't took them out of the box yet to check them out. I'll go ahead and buy the acrylic spray so I can take care of the glitter. I think I'll take the box outside so I won't have glitter everywhere. 

Thanks for the info Froggy , I'm glad I was able to find the sleigh with carolers in the white. I really think this size with sleigh is more versatile to display.

Hope you enjoy your set!

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1,@patriot

Lol😂 That would be fun!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ladycos wrote:

@froggy

Yes, I bought the one like you have. That is good to know. I haven't took them out of the box yet to check them out. I'll go ahead and buy the acrylic spray so I can take care of the glitter. I think I'll take the box outside so I won't have glitter everywhere. 

Thanks for the info Froggy , I'm glad I was able to find the sleigh with carolers in the white. I really think this size with sleigh is more versatile to display.

Hope you enjoy your set!

@ladycos just one more note. I set mine up on a closed cardboard box outside so I could spray all around. It dried really fast. Then just put it back in the plastic bag.

Trusted Contributor

@froggy

Thanks, good idea.

Super Contributor

what is interesting about some of the items in your pics, they are the same thing that Lisa Robertson is selling on her web site- they must all go to the same vendors- that store looks amazing

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Beautiful! Looks like white is back in a big way. I love the deer with the wreaths. I have been to Leavenworth, and it’s lovely too.

What store is that?

Honored Contributor

@ladycosIs this the one just a few miles from I-40 as you drive the main road toward P. Forge?  Going in it's on the left?  Smiley Happy

Thanks!