Honored Contributor

Re: Went to my favorite Christmas store today.

@ladycos  Those Santa's are beautiful.  At one time I collected Santa's. Most of my collection are one of a kind and handmade, including their porcelain hands and faces, but I do have a couple of store bought ones. All are similar to those you posted.  I even have a Santa on the beach that I purchased in Hawaii.

I have way too many and no where to display them all.  Some are large and I can set them on the floor, but my dogs bark at them and seem spooked by their presence. 

Last year I actually cried while decorating the tree.  I hate that job so much and I vowed never to do that again.  

I suppose I'll try to find a place for my Santa collection this year.  I have some extra room with that dang tree gone. I also have a few elf's in my collection.

Honored Contributor

Now that is a super store.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC - contains a live link to another retailer.

Honored Contributor

what a wonderful store!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie

Thats such a sweet, funny sad story. Sweet because you collect those very nice hand made santas. Funny because your dogs bark at them and sad because you cried when you put your tree up last year. 

But I do understand. I get mad at myself for over buying because I love to decorate and I like a little bit of everything. Then I feel like I have so much invested, so I have to follow thru. I bought another quite expensive tree this year and plan on putting up two. Boy, what was I thinking?  Darn that Christmas in July thing! Haha 

I make it hard on myself I guess. I don't dread the puttin up as much as I do taking it down. That's when I want to cry. But it's my house and last year I didn't take it down until after valentines. Not intentionally, but because  I work retail and I was just wore out. Anyway, I'm rambling I guess. 

Since you don't have the burden of the tree this year maybe you can relax and enjoy your Santas' . Sounds like they are precious.

Thanks for your story I enjoyed reading it. 

Frequent Contributor

@ladycos That is my favorite place to visit in the whole wide worlld!!!! I get lost in that building, but if you can't find what you want there you don't need it!!!! I want to go up there before Christmas, but my husband has dimentia and I'm not sure about leaving him. LONG STORY. I was so upset when it burned a few years ago, but I'm glad it' back up and running. I could spend every dime I have in that one store......

Trusted Contributor

I think I was in one or more of those stores in Pigeon Forge several years back when we were there!  I could spend days and days looking around them!   Thanks for the photos!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@odie96

sorry about your husband. I hope you get to go because it good therapy for me. I'm sure you could use some R&R. 

I don't think any any of the Christmas place store was affected by the fire. I go every year and it has always been open. Just mainly homes and Gatlinburg and some of those businesses.  I think it got pretty close to some of dolly wood tho. And that's pretty close. 

If if you like Christmas,it is a magical place. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the photos... really magical!
Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ladycos  I'll never get there, so thanks for sharing the pics......love them! 

Sombody come and get me and patriot!  We want to go too!  Pleeeaaasssseeee!