Respected Contributor

Re: Well, MAYBE the Slatkin TSV Candles are shipping out now. Oy.

Wow what the heck is going on? Based on what you said I just cancelled my Slatkin candles. We are going away in a few weeks. August is a huge vacation month! I can't have candles sitting there in this heat. My neighbor is elderly and she would not get packages until the next morning. It would be a disaster. If they come back in stock in the fall I can always order then. This advance order thing doesn't work well. I bet they got a lot of cancellations. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam, Please keep us posted on their status.  My 3-wicks and GB house haven't budged.  If these wax items actually do start shipping soon, then we will know that the whole won't ship until mid-Sept due to hot weather and wax melting was a complete fabrication after all. 

ETA--I wonder if your TSV candle set momentarily went to in process while QVC did a test hit on the CC.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio @BabyYoda @SHOPR

It's beyond frustrating, that's for sure. I called CS when I saw that my Slatkin 3 wicks (TSV) read "SHIPPED" and that conversation was what I posted about. She saw that they had shipped, she saw the tracking number and assured me that if they arrived melted, QVC would replace them.

My issue was WHY are they shipping after the host and vendor advertised the part (and said this over and over again) that they wouldn't ship until September. Why would they ship when people bought them based on this info? She replied that vendors can say whatever they want but if the product arrives in the warehouse, QVC is going to ship them out, end of story. Somewhere after 8am this morning, they went back to being on Advanced Order.

At the same time, I just received a shipping notice for those big candles. Last night, all 3 were "Processing". I couldn't cancel them but were able to cancel all the other ones that said "Processing". As of 8 am this morning, all 3 of those candles are being delivered. How did THAT happen so fast?! Tracking number for all 3 show them at my local post office, so.....

I don't know WHAT to believe when it comes to QVC at this point. CS didn't seem concerned that I was angry about ordering items based on them arriving LATER rather than SOONER. If I order food for the holidays, I do so because I DO NOT want that food now, you know? "Oh well" was the response. She wasn't rude, in fact, she was very sympathetic but the bottom line was IF the item hits the warehouse, QVC is going to ship it out.

I guess we'll see what happens.

@BabyYoda  You can call and see if you can reorder the candles. 2 items disappeared from my Order Account when I was cancelling the candles (didn't click on THEM but something happened) and CS was able to put them back on my account with the sale price even though they were no longer on sale. It's worth a shot.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SahmIam, Please keep us posted on their status.  My 3-wicks and GB house haven't budged.  If these wax items actually do start shipping soon, then we will know that the whole won't ship until mid-Sept due to hot weather and wax melting was a complete fabrication after all. 

ETA--I wonder if your TSV candle set momentarily went to in process while QVC did a test hit on the CC.  

@SHOPR  I would think your last statement  is what happened or just a glitch.

Remember how we played tag with the reindeer last year?  They went from back order to in process  numerous times and we finally received them. 

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

It's beyond frustrating, that's for sure. I called CS when I saw that my Slatkin 3 wicks (TSV) read "SHIPPED" and that conversation was what I posted about. She saw that they had shipped, she saw the tracking number and assured me that if they arrived melted, QVC would replace them.

My issue was WHY are they shipping after the host and vendor advertised the part (and said this over and over again) that they wouldn't ship until September. Why would they ship when people bought them based on this info? She replied that vendors can say whatever they want but if the product arrives in the warehouse, QVC is going to ship them out, end of story. Somewhere after 8am this morning, they went back to being on Advanced Order.

At the same time, I just received a shipping notice for those big candles. Last night, all 3 were "Processing". I couldn't cancel them but were able to cancel all the other ones that said "Processing". As of 8 am this morning, all 3 of those candles are being delivered. How did THAT happen so fast?! Tracking number for all 3 show them at my local post office, so.....

I don't know WHAT to believe when it comes to QVC at this point. CS didn't seem concerned that I was angry about ordering items based on them arriving LATER rather than SOONER. If I order food for the holidays, I do so because I DO NOT want that food now, you know? "Oh well" was the response. She wasn't rude, in fact, she was very sympathetic but the bottom line was IF the item hits the warehouse, QVC is going to ship it out.

@BabyYoda  You can call and see if you can reorder the candles. 2 items disappeared from my Order Account when I was cancelling the candles (didn't click on THEM but something happened) and CS was able to put them back on my account with the sale price even though they were no longer on sale. It's worth a shot.

Since the Luminara candles already shipped to you @SahmIam you can refuse delivery or return to sender. This way you don't have to pay for shipping back and drive to the post office. 

I decided that I don't need the candles at this point in time. I have a huge stash of Slatkin & Co. candles from when he was at BBW. I still have other candles I burn but wanted to try his new scents. I don't need the headache at this time and will wait if they are great. He isn't going away anytime soon. I rather spend that money on something else. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@SahmIam

QVC's shipping lately has been one screwed up mess. 

During CIJ I had orders delivered to my front porch that still said processing, I had no idea they had even been shipped.

I had other orders that took over two weeks to get here.

They really better kick it in gear with their shipping fees, time tables and accuracy of tracking etc. People are starting to expect it free and in just a couple of days. They really need to step up their game with this shipping and get it right.

Honored Contributor

I always thought that delayed shipping was to account for manufacturing.

Or the candles ordered are on a slow boat from China.

Like when they sell cookbooks.    Sometimes they pre-sell, you get the book after it's published, which is usually a month or so down the road.

This is one crazy mixed up situation!

New Contributor

I hate to zombify dead threads, but I was curious if anyone actually received their candles. I went to check on my advanced orders today and found them all canceled on 8/25. I certainly didn't do it and I never received any email stating they were canceled. I contacted CS and they said they were paid by check and they never received the check. My invoices have my credit card info on them, so they weren't paid by check. And even still, they aren't billed until they ship which was supposed to be in September. I'm wondering if they tried to bill it then. My card is valid, so I'm still not sure why it wouldn't go through or be canceled. I'm hoping CS will figure it out and reinstate my orders for the price and easy pay I bought them under.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the plug ins ,they say cancelled,and little pumpkin candles ,i would think he would get things going out.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Muffin123 wrote:

I hate to zombify dead threads, but I was curious if anyone actually received their candles. I went to check on my advanced orders today and found them all canceled on 8/25. I certainly didn't do it and I never received any email stating they were canceled. I contacted CS and they said they were paid by check and they never received the check. My invoices have my credit card info on them, so they weren't paid by check. And even still, they aren't billed until they ship which was supposed to be in September. I'm wondering if they tried to bill it then. My card is valid, so I'm still not sure why it wouldn't go through or be canceled. I'm hoping CS will figure it out and reinstate my orders for the price and easy pay I bought them under.

@Muffin123, @goldensrbest, Have you been able to get this issue resolved?  I would be so upset if my items all got cancelled when I chose a credit card as the payment method. My Homworx Slatkin items are still showing Advance Order.  Only the ones that I actually did cancel myself are showing Canceled. 

FWIW, none of my Slatkin items have been charged to my cc yet that I have seen, and I check almost daily.  There have not been any pending charges of any kind, either, that usually fall off after a certain timeframe.