Honored Contributor

Well, MAYBE the Slatkin TSV Candles are shipping out now. Oy.

[ Edited ]

That's right and I'm not a happy camper. Just saw that mine are in the process of being ready to ship. CS tells me that the candles have arrived and they are now fulfilling orders and are SHIPPING them. They have NO CONTROL over the fact that the Harry and the hosts said they would ship in September because now that they are in the warehouse, they are shipping out.

Anyone else fed up with this ******? I won't be around to take the order so it's going to sit outside in the 100 degrees plus temps for at least a week. Since I wasn't expecting them to ship for another MONTH, there ya go. OH, and they're coming...you guessed it, USPS SurePost.

I'm done. I'm SO done.

*sigh*

See update in my post below.

Honored Contributor

Re: SLATKIN TSV CANDLES ARE SHIPPING NOW!!!

@SahmIam  Sorry to hear of your predicament! If I had to guess as to the reason why the sudden change, there might have been a lot of folks reconsidering and canceling their orders for the TSV. I know I canceled 2 sets and another 3 wick candle set as well. I was grateful for the advance order status which gave me extra time to think about the orders.

I wound up ordering the OTO 'acorn' tea light set so I can try a HS scent without going overboard.

So I think QVC/HS wanted to speed the process up of shipping the orders before they lost more sales from cancelations. Again, it's only my guess. Did you try calling CS about the issue for your situation?

Trusted Contributor

If you don't have a friend, neighbor or relative picking up your mail while you're out of town, why don't you go to the post office and have your mail put on hold there while you're gone?  HERE is more info on how you can do this.  You can either schedule delivery for the day after you return, or just go to the post office when you get back and pick up your mail.  The trucks that ship these candles as well as the post office itself are air conditioned, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I've ordered candles from other companies, including Nest, all year round and never had an issue with them melting, and I live in a warm climate, too.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

If you don't have a friend, neighbor or relative picking up your mail while you're out of town, why don't you go to the post office and have your mail put on hold there while you're gone?  HERE is more info on how you can do this.  You can either schedule delivery for the day after you return, or just go to the post office when you get back and pick up your mail.  The trucks that ship these candles as well as the post office itself are air conditioned, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I've ordered candles from other companies, including Nest, all year round and never had an issue with them melting, and I live in a warm climate, too.

@TenderMercies I can do that but really, it ticks me off that I have to drive 45 minutes each way for it. The thing is, they stated this when you ordered. At which point do you simply not believe ANYTHING they say now?

BTW, I did call CS which is how I found out about the items arriving, they can't do anything, etc. Her suggestion was to cancel the order. I'm debating......

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  You don't have to go to the post office to have them hold your mail.  You can do it online at USPS.com 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Hmm makes me wonder it they'll ship the 3 wicks earlier too?.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louisewrote:

@SahmIam  Sorry to hear of your predicament! If I had to guess as to the reason why the sudden change, there might have been a lot of folks reconsidering and canceling their orders for the TSV. I know I canceled 2 sets and another 3 wick candle set as well. I was grateful for the advance order status which gave me extra time to think about the orders.

I wound up ordering the OTO 'acorn' tea light set so I can try a HS scent without going overboard.

So I think QVC/HS wanted to speed the process up of shipping the orders before they lost more sales from cancelations. Again, it's only my guess. Did you try calling CS about the issue for your situation?

@SahmIam~ how upsetting! I tend to agree that there have been a large number of cancellations. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Thank you for this information, my friend. I didn't know you could do this!

Well, I have NO idea what is going on with these candles because though I had a tracking number as of last night (when I posted my thread), my account NOW reads "Advance Order".

What. The. Heck.

There is also the fact that I just received a shipping notice for those large Luminara 360 candles....tracking shows they're arriving TODAY. 

I'll set up the mail delivery to hold everything while we're gone but who knows what will show up between now and when we leave, lolol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, MAYBE the Slatkin TSV Candles are shipping out now. Oy.

Well, either their system is messed up and saying things are shipping that aren't or @Susan Louise has said, they are panicking as people cancel orders.

I'd be mad on several levels, mostly for me, I would have planned my purchase of an advanced order like this based on my payments due on my credit card.  If I wasn't expected to be billed until sometime in September, I wouldn't be too keen on being billed now as I plan many purchases and payments to avoid any kind of interest, and wouldn't be expecting to make payment on these just yet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, MAYBE the Slatkin TSV Candles are shipping out now. Oy.

Sure hope not in my case.  I live in Texas with the heat index registering 100+ most days.  I checked my orders and Slatkins are on Advance.  Please Q, keep it this way.  I'll have a mess on my hands if they ship.  Even on September 15, it's going to be 'iffy'.   (((sigh)))

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown