Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, Jill sure sugar coated the changes

@lucymo

@RazorSharp,

OK I will never think of pirates quite the same again.  LOL. 

Thanks for the laughs. You two are hilarious.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm trying to weigh the idea of very few holiday decor shows, versus sitting through Jill's multiple presentations of those Byers Choice figures.  I'll gladly take the fewer decor shows and shop locally.

@Caaareful Shopper, LOL Cat LOL

@SHOPR @Caaareful Shopper I've never understood the appeal of Byers Choice.  I think the faces on the figurines always look creepy, and everything looks kind of cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp, I don't understand their appeal either.  I'm glad they're made in the USA, but I don't want to own them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand it either. Not my "cup of tea".
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

For someone who took so much time during her last couple shows to acknowledge her fans by reading comments of praise from her Facebook page, she doesn't seem to think she owes those same fans an explanation as to why the products that were supposed to be offered were eliminated.  When fans praise her, she makes sure to broadcast that praise, yet when fans question her as to why the decor was eliminated from her shows, she shuts down the comments section of her Facebook page for days. Nice.

@RazorSharp @Mominohio

Not to mention "all the time she spent "creating" items especially for the show"..wasted time I guess.....Woman WinkWoman WinkWoman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

I didn't watch the show.  When I heard it was gifts instead of decor I decided to pass.  Works for me ~ no watching, no spending!  ;-)

@Julie928, BINGO!  The key sentence is, "I didn't watch the show".  A business killer for sure & the QVC employees whose 401k's will be affected due to a substantial loss of viewers/buyers should be knocking on some doors.  

@BornToShop

I think that is the best strategy  ---  if  QVC has few sales during these replacement gift shows maybe they will rethink their business plans---sales were already down overall and for some lines in particular in a June report per Q's CEO and top Execs---they were puzzled and sent out surveys .... all they have to do is read these Forums to see what the customers think/want...

It will be interesting to read the Q's latest financial report which comes out in November......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

WELL.  Someone had some words for Jill on her Visitor's Page on Facebook.  While the words sounded a lot like mine from an earlier post here, it wasn't me.  Jill responded, but she still didn't answer the question as to whether or not the issue was shipping.  Based on her other comments on the page, I don't think this had anything to do with shipping.  The problem is, if she admits it wasn't shipping, she is basically opening the door for others to blame her for the show being cancelled rather than something technical that's out of her hands.  It's probably smarter for her not to answer the question.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RazorSharp, Thanks for mentioning that.  I just read the various comments, and which ones went unanswered.  I think she's said all she's going to say about it.  It could be poor sales but we will never know it seems.

Honored Contributor

The whole thing seems rather odd---Carolyn and Dan presented some holiday decor pieces in "Holiday Decorating With Carolyn"  and  "Home For The Holidays With Dan"---while these shows featured Bethlehem Lights, they also had a few new indoor decor items as well....Even if "the theme" couldn't be done.....people that like the holiday decor would have at least been a bit appeased if she had shown these....instead of Muk Luks, Dyson vacuum, a mirror, food, a heated throw, another lantern and a humidifier.....(I didn't watch---but looked at items on air for her Friday show under SHOP QVC TV and entered the Friday's date---and so glad I didn't waste my time)....Woman Tongue

And shutting down comments on FB was a bit childish ....she could have written something and addressed it ---"To Holiday Decor Fans"........ even if she simply stated QVC made a change in the scheduled programming lineup....(but blocking viewer questions inquiries just made customers perplexed and some a bit disappointed or angry)......or If it was a shipping issue and she stated so, there would have been more empathy/sympathy from home decor shoppers.....I don't think any retailer is hiding anything these days that the majority of goods are now made in China and not in the U.S.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

For someone who took so much time during her last couple shows to acknowledge her fans by reading comments of praise from her Facebook page, she doesn't seem to think she owes those same fans an explanation as to why the products that were supposed to be offered were eliminated.  When fans praise her, she makes sure to broadcast that praise, yet when fans question her as to why the decor was eliminated from her shows, she shuts down the comments section of her Facebook page for days. Nice.

Do you think Jill has control over what she does! No QVC salesperson has that. Don't blame her for decisions made in high. They sell what they are told to sell.

@libbyannE I never said she has control over what she sells or blamed her for the change in programming,  I blamed her for the way she dealt with her fans following the change. 

@RazorSharp @libbyannE

Exactly!