Respected Contributor

Re: We celebrated Thanksgiving early!

How nice!! For the first time ever, we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Friday because of family circumstances. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. It’s nice to gather with family and friends even if it’s not on the designated day.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  Whenever DD had her teeth cleaned, her braces were removed, downstairs office, then upstairs for the cleaning, then back down right after to have them replaced, somewhat different from your GS, but the same re braces.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirlMy son didn't have full braces; just a mouth piece. Back in the dark ages, I had full braces, but the orthodontist cleaned my teeth around the braces! Guess that's how it was done in the late '50's.

Amazing how far Dentistry has advanced!! Would imagine my grandson has his teeth cleaned like your daughter. They haven't mentioned it to me. Makes sense for a thorough cleaning. I'll ask. Won't see him until he's feeling a lot better. Thanks for the latest info.Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@violannSeems like it's an unavoidable thing when dental issues happen around the holidays. Just remember IF you do loosen the temporary crown, give your DDS a call ASAP. He/she will be able to repair it quickly if it is not broken. I have also had a temporary crown over a family gathering (not a holiday!) and my DDS assured me to call if needed. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy all the food . . . just chew on the other side!!

Respected Contributor

@ladycos wrote:

This brings back memories. We went through a period of time when we always had our Thanksgiving early, the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving. There was one Thanksgiving that a small shopping center was open all day, so my Mom and I drove an hours drive to go shop. This was rare that stores was open back then. 

It blew snow all day and was just the most perfect day to Christmas shop We had the best time that day. It kind of  felt like we were getting away with something since we I didn't have to work and she didn't have to cook.

My mom bought me a red wool coat that day for my Christmas present. That was 28 years ago and I still have that red coat. It's still in great shape but I haven't worn it in years. When I clean out the coat closet I always hang it back in the closet.  I never look at that coat without remembering how much fun that Thanksgiving day was, just me and mom.

@ladycos  what a sweet story. Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermomHope your belated Thanksgiving was delightful and full of blessings, as well as wonderful eats and treats!