Honored Contributor

Watching the Boston Pops Holiday special

I love going to the symphony during the holidays. We choose to go see a musical version of "A Christmas Carol" this year instead, so running across this tonight was such a treat! 

Anyone else like the symphony?

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching the Boston Pops Holiday special

We've gone to Christmas shows at the college near here. It's fun isn't it?! Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

Going out to symphony hall tonight.  Can't wait!

Respected Contributor

@MominohioI did not see the program you mentioned, but it got me remembering when Arthur Fiedler was the director of the Boston Pops and they  made their summer home at Tanglewood in Western Massachusetts.

We lived in the area and would go frequently.  We would take lawn chairs, blanket, a nice picnic supper and sit under the stars and listen.  In 1976' our country's 200th birthday, Mr Fiedler and his wife dressed as George and Martha Washington and walked about the grounds greeting everyone.  After the symphony of American music there were fireworks.  We were gifted with a miniature engraved version of the Liberty Bell marking the event. A nice memory.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@MominohioI did not see the program you mentioned, but it got me remembering when Arthur Fiedler was the director of the Boston Pops and they  made their summer home at Tanglewood in Western Massachusetts.

We lived in the area and would go frequently.  We would take lawn chairs, blanket, a nice picnic supper and sit under the stars and listen.  In 1976' our country's 200th birthday, Mr Fiedler and his wife dressed as George and Martha Washington and walked about the grounds greeting everyone.  After the symphony of American music there were fireworks.  We were gifted with a miniature engraved version of the Liberty Bell marking the event. A nice memory.

@gmkb

What a wonderful memory! It's days like you describe that live in our memories forever! I would love to have been there!

Honored Contributor

I didn't know it was on but I've seen the Boston Pops and BSO in person several times and it has always been a special experience.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

So enjoyed that show last night (Sat) especially their classic version of the 12 Days of Christmas!