Contributor

Re: Was it everything you hoped for?

No, I did purchase a few things, the 9ft tree,  the revolving tree stand, two of the TSV's and a set of berry trees. 

I felt it was a rehash of so many old things and I thought the prices were high on a lot of new items, but the more significant reason was that QVC makes it hard to watch online. I would click on see items from the show, and the videos are terrible at loading, some had no video even this morning and when you would back page the guide would close and slide to the current time, and you would have to start all over. Evine makes it so easy to see the items from the show. We don't have cable, so I have no other way to watch. I love how on Evine you can watch the whole hour as where QVC will only let you watch clips. 

As long as I am complaining it is so irritating when you click on one the home page highlights and everything under the sun comes up and when you click on a specific category other stuff still filters in giving you 16 pages of material to look at when there should only be a few. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased the 20” silver kaleidoscope tree, the only thing of interest to me. I really did not watch that much of the day. I was hoping Jim Shore would have his Nativity Star ornament, but may have been a limited edition last year. I’m hoping my tree works out along with the two 16” ones I purchased last year. Glad the TSV was a success for both VPH and Q.
Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven   I wasn't able to watch many of the presentations.....just too many things lined up for Sunday. I did check out the website but didn't order nearly as much as I would have liked.

I am really interested in the trees and they weren't shown....probably will be further into the month.

I think the Christmas in July shows will be much better during the middle of July. 

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I purchased 5 sets of the two Etched Mercury glass pillars with fairy lights in all of the colors except chocolate. I'll split these up and give to gals in my office. Comes to about 16.00 a gift. 

@LizzieInSRQ   I was surprised when I received mine a few years ago at how beautiful they are.

@mousiegirl @LizzieInSRQ 

I got a couple of sets of these last year. They really are pretty!

-----------------

I have these too.  But I don't like the fair lights.  I put Candle Impressions candles in the the containers and love the way the all of it lights up!!!

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven 

In years past I would be "excited" to watch CIJ but not anymore.

Perhaps, it's that I don't decorate like years past or realize I don't need another Christmas item.

I watched off and on -- nothing really caught my eye.  I do know the next 5 months will be non-stop "holiday & gift giving shows" ....same stuff just different show name!

What I'm really excited for a Home Goods store opens 10 minutes from me on 7/7!  For sure I'll be looking forward to shopping there🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I purchased the 20” silver kaleidoscope tree, the only thing of interest to me. I really did not watch that much of the day. I was hoping Jim Shore would have his Nativity Star ornament, but may have been a limited edition last year. I’m hoping my tree works out along with the two 16” ones I purchased last year. Glad the TSV was a success for both VPH and Q.

---------------

I wanted the Nativity Star last year and it sold out!!
I did find it on Amazon and the price was better.  I bought two - one for each of my neighbors on each side.

Honored Contributor

Watched and enjoyed but did not buy. I remind myself that I want to own less. I know people who only put up a one tree, hang a lighted wreath on the front door, and put battery operated candles in the windows. They do no other decorating.
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed watching, all though it was lot of same stuff . But I did order 2 of the 20 in.  Kaleidoscope trees in silver. I bought the rose gold last year and a silver, but I gave the silver to my mother.

I also ordered two faceted hurricane with fairy lights, the Valerie peace  nativity and the Santa and church TSV.  I promise myself no more this year!

I debated the Jim Shore deer and missed out on them.  Maybe next time. 

I would like to see more from other vendors including Jim Shore, candle impressions, luminaria and others. But it's still early, so hopefully there's a lot of variety to look forward to. I just need to be strong, like every one else I don't need anything. But I do enjoy watching and getting ideas. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I purchased 5 sets of the two Etched Mercury glass pillars with fairy lights in all of the colors except chocolate. I'll split these up and give to gals in my office. Comes to about 16.00 a gift. 

@LizzieInSRQ   I was surprised when I received mine a few years ago at how beautiful they are.

Mouse that makes me feel confident in my purchase. Thanks for letting me know how you feel about these!