Honored Contributor

Re: Was it everything you hoped for?

@Beauty Mavenlol  I had no expectations, so the times I watched seemed just fine.  If I were actually interested in buying, I even saw a few items I liked -  Valerie's slim, white trees looked pretty as did the votive holders wirh their battery packs.  No space in my home, but given all the complaints I've read here, I wasd pleased for QVC and CIJ lovers that sales on every one of the items I did see were quite brisk.  

It seemed to me that whether an item was new or was a repeat from previous years really wasn't determining how well it sold.  That makes sense to me because I frequently pass up items and then buy them later -  sometimes much later.

Respected Contributor

I always look forward to it but with Jill gone I watched less than 2 hrs yesterday...I did check online a few times. I purchased the gift bags & wanted to see a new item for the sweet Nativity set from Connemara, maybe that will happen later. I'm interested in the Berkshire Blanket Holiday deer throw & Valerie's squirrel set with the plaid hats.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed watching the Christmas items off and on during the day.  It gives me good ideas to tuck into my memory bank!

I didn't see anything that I needed to add to my collection right now.

Valued Contributor

It’s like asking if the movie was good based on just watching the previews before it. Silly thread.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I purchased 5 sets of the two Etched Mercury glass pillars with fairy lights in all of the colors except chocolate. I'll split these up and give to gals in my office. Comes to about 16.00 a gift. 

@LizzieInSRQ   I was surprised when I received mine a few years ago at how beautiful they are.

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Veridoc -- I really did not expect to get any Jim Shore pieces.  I've been watching him for years but I never purchased anything.  When I saw the Woodland pieces I just had to have them.  The artistry is amazing!  It really doesn't match much of my holiday decor (traditional red, green and white) but I think I can work it in.  Like you, I think it's worthly of being passed down to the next generation Smiley Surprised)

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I purchased 5 sets of the two Etched Mercury glass pillars with fairy lights in all of the colors except chocolate. I'll split these up and give to gals in my office. Comes to about 16.00 a gift. 

@LizzieInSRQ   I was surprised when I received mine a few years ago at how beautiful they are.

@mousiegirl @LizzieInSRQ 

I got a couple of sets of these last year. They really are pretty!

Valued Contributor

Wow @LizzieInSRQ -- those are going to be really nice gifts.  Your friends at the office will be really pleased!

Esteemed Contributor

The last show at the end of the day with Alberti and Valerie was the best. I hope they do more together.   <3

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I enjoyed watching some of it. I try to catch Valerie's programs and cross my fingers that she brings some crystal garland or pedestals. I, too. was hoping for more flameless candles and some brand choices. Is it me or have they really increased in price? I won't buy anything that has only a 90 day guarantee for that $$. I also was hoping for a few larger scale items. I saw a few in clearance but was hesiate because so many people have received returns when they order clearance items. I did see a tree that I almost purchased but then I checked the S&H price and it stopped me.

I didn't watch as many hours as I would have liked because I have a more limited budget this year. I hope the future programs are more new and not some repeats of what was already seen. Crossing my fingers. 

@Fressa - When you buy things featured in the CIJ shows, you actually have until January 31, 2020 to check them out and return them if needed. And I've never received a used or returned item when purchasing things at clearance prices, especially in the home/decor/holiday category.