Valued Contributor

Was it everything you hoped for?

[ Edited ]

Did CIJ meet your expectations yesterday?  I was hoping for more from Valerie.  She obviously hit a homerun with the TSV lanterns (based on sales).  I was hoping for more wreaths, pics and candle rings that would "agree" with what I already have.  She never has enough candle rings, and where were the pics?

In the end, I bought her small snuggable snowmen with the plaid hats and 2 sets of mercury glass candle pedestals from last year.  It was disappointing not to have free shipping, but I really wanted the pedestals in red and silver.  

I also thought there would be more from Luminara and Bethlehem Lights.  I guess I'll have to stay tuned, there's a long way to go.  It's not like I don't have a storage room FULL of Christmas decor!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Was it everything you hoped for?

Oh, I forgot to mention -- I also bought the Jim Shore white woodland sleigh and reindeer -- which was a totally unexpected splurge for me.

Frequent Contributor

VERY DISAPPOINTING TO ME.  NOTHING REALLY STOOD OUT FOR ME.  PERHAPS THE NEXT SHOW WILL BE BETTER.

Super Contributor

I  only bought one thing, the new faceted votives.  I have the large faceted hurricane from last year.  It is gorgeous.  I thought Valerie said a while back that she was bringing bird theme items so I look forward to her next visit later this month to see if she carries through. 

I also hope Lenox will bring new lighted buildings to go with the 3 designs they introduced last Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing really stood out for me.  I love mercury glass and a couple of pieces whispered my name but I didn't buy.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed watching some of it. I try to catch Valerie's programs and cross my fingers that she brings some crystal garland or pedestals. I, too. was hoping for more flameless candles and some brand choices. Is it me or have they really increased in price? I won't buy anything that has only a 90 day guarantee for that $$. I also was hoping for a few larger scale items. I saw a few in clearance but was hesiate because so many people have received returns when they order clearance items. I did see a tree that I almost purchased but then I checked the S&H price and it stopped me.

I didn't watch as many hours as I would have liked because I have a more limited budget this year. I hope the future programs are more new and not some repeats of what was already seen. Crossing my fingers. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed watching yesterday—I was home doing projects all day and had QVC on in the background while I worked—and definitely got me in the holiday spirit and thinking about how I want to decorate my “holiday home” later this year. In general I love Valerie’s shows and was a little disappointed at the lack of new—at least if the types of items I typically gravitate toward. I’m not a huge gingerbread girl but I suppose I would have felt differently if I were. Smiley Happy I would have liked more candle rings and picks, maybe some new pedestals, just something fresh and exciting I guess. I did love my kaleidoscope trees last year and was excited to see the new, larger one though I did not love the price being doubled. We shall see...looking forward to shows later on in the month/year. 🎄

Super Contributor

I was disappointed. I don't know what I expected. Yes, I do. I didn't think I would see a lot of last year's stuff. Some things looked like they came from Dollar Store. I did get excited about Jim Shore's presentation. An hour was not long enough. I love that sweet, humble man and everything he brings to the Q.

@Beauty Maven: I'm jealous about the Santa sleigh and reindeer. You are going to get beautiful pieces that will be a treasure for many years. A lot of sentimental value to be passed down.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Did CIJ meet your expectations yesterday?  I was hoping for more from Valerie.  She obviously hit a homerun with the TSV lanterns (based on sales).  I was hoping for more wreaths, pics and candle rings that would "agree" with what I already have.  She never has enough candle rings, and where were the pics?

In the end, I bought her small snuggable snowmen with the plaid hats and 2 sets of mercury glass candle pedestals from last year.  It was disappointing not to have free shipping, but I really wanted the pedestals in red and silver.  

I also thought there would be more from Luminara and Bethlehem Lights.  I guess I'll have to stay tuned, there's a long way to go.  It's not like I don't have a storage room FULL of Christmas decor!!

@Beauty Maven  The first shows are never the best, lots of old, but it gets better over time.

Respected Contributor

I purchased 5 sets of the two Etched Mercury glass pillars with fairy lights in all of the colors except chocolate. I'll split these up and give to gals in my office. Comes to about 16.00 a gift.