Valued Contributor

Warranty On Christmas Tree Lights

I've been reading a lot of  reviews saying their Christmas tree lights didn't even  make it through one Christmas. Doesn't Q have a warranty on this problem? It really makes me think twice about buying a Christmas tree from QVC.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

Re: Warranty On Christmas Tree Lights

Wow!  If you find a company that warranties lights, I want the name -  not really for Christmas lights but for the bulbs I seem to be replacing too often throughout the year.  Why is it that some seem to last forever and others die an early death?

Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

I've been reading a lot of  reviews saying their Christmas tree lights didn't even  make it through one Christmas. Doesn't Q have a warranty on this problem? It really makes me think twice about buying a Christmas tree from QVC.

@SweetSydney  For a product that is only used one-two months per year, the lights should last at least ten years, but I have one tree from here that after two Christmases, has a dead strand, and won't know until December whether there are more.  I also have another tree from here which, so far, has no dead strands unless I discover it this year, both trees I have had for three years.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @SweetSydney, the warranty on products including Christmas trees are through the manufacturer and they are limited manufacturer warranties. We do not have specifics on the warranties, however if you choose a tree you can contact that manufacturer to see what is covered. I am sorry I could not be of more help.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Wow!  If you find a company that warranties lights, I want the name -  not really for Christmas lights but for the bulbs I seem to be replacing too often throughout the year.  Why is it that some seem to last forever and others die an early death?

@millieshops
Actually, my husband & I did buy an 8' Christmas tree from a company that did  have  a warranty on the lights, but I no longer have the name of the company. We bought the  tree around 4 years ago. We had problems with the lights the 1st year and they sent us a brand new tree.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @SweetSydney, the warranty on products including Christmas trees are through the manufacturer and they are limited manufacturer warranties. We do not have specifics on the warranties, however if you choose a tree you can contact that manufacturer to see what is covered. I am sorry I could not be of more help.

@Alice-QVC
Thank you, Alice. Actually, you were a great help.  It makes me feel better about buying a Christmas tree from QVC.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydneyNeat service - especially because you're talking a whole tree.  I was envisioning a string of lights which is not nearly the same level of investment.  A tree ought to last practically forever in my book.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@SweetSydney  For a product that is only used one-two months per year, the lights should last at least ten years, but I have one tree from here that after two Christmases, has a dead strand, and won't know until December whether there are more.  I also have another tree from here which, so far, has no dead strands unless I discover it this year, both trees I have had for three years.

@mousiegirl
I agree with you 100%, lights should last at least 10 years.
The 8' tree we bought was a stores floor model, they never sold Christmas trees, until one year the new manager decided to sell the floor models, so that's why we had problems with the lights the 1st year. The company sent us a brand new tree.
That is really  lousy that one of your  trees has dead strands after only two years. I'm crossing my  fingers for you, that you don't have any more dead strands of lights.
I have one 5' tree that we put lights on, and they've been working 12 years. Of course, now that I've said that, when we put up that tree, we'll have dead lights.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SweetSydneyNeat service - especially because you're talking a whole tree.  I was envisioning a string of lights which is not nearly the same level of investment.  A tree ought to last practically forever in my book.

@millieshops
We thought it was pretty great service. I agree, a tree should last forever. My husband &  I have a tree that is around 20 years old and it's still beautiful.

Marilyn Monroe