Honored Contributor

Walmart Better Homes and Gardens dishes.....

I never did find any of the line at our local Walmart this year. I didn't even find the picked over, almost nothing left, shelf tags still in place situation. I'm thinking that at least in my area, they never came in. 

As several of us are always interested in the yearly new salad/dessert plates, I was wondering if anyone saw them this year anywhere, especially if they have a picture of them. 

Not sure with the supply issues if they never got here, were never manufactured, or if maybe I missed them or we just didn't get them locally. 

Thanks!

Image is from a previous year's offerings just for those that might not know what line we are talking about.

Winter Forest Salad Plate by Better Homes and Gardens Image 1

Respected Contributor

Re: Walmart Better Homes and Gardens dishes.....

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio I have noticed that my favorite quilts from Walmart Better Homes and Gardens have disappeared. I fear the absence of some of their products is by choice, not a supply problem. I guess we can only wait and see if our favorite items reappear.

I am finding items across all categories quietly disappearing. I think the focus on profits is causing only the most high demand items to remain in stores. Items that sell but do not produce the highest profits are being eliminated from foods to household goods. This is in all types of stores and not exclusively at Walmart.

Respected Contributor

I did not see any either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was on the Replacements, Ltd website & it states this pattern, Winter Forest was discontinued in 2020...the salad plate pictued is listed there for $43.99 each. Not the news you wanted but hope it helps @Mominohio. My Corelle set is discontinued too, I broke a dinner plate & it's $28.00 to replace in excellent condition, $18.00 with wear. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

H

@kitcat51 wrote:

I was on the Replacements, Ltd website & it states this pattern, Winter Forest was discontinued in 2020...the salad plate pictued is listed there for $43.99 each. Not the news you wanted but hope it helps @Mominohio. My Corelle set is discontinued too, I broke a dinner plate & it's $28.00 to replace in excellent condition, $18.00 with wear. Ugh.

@kitcat51 

Had you thought about trying ebay for your Corelle?  You might be able to find some new, and some used in like new condition.   

Respected Contributor

We never got any in our store either (Arizona). And it usually gets a good quantity. Maybe there will be double next year when the containers all get unloaded!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio 

I was sad to see the lack of holiday dishes in Walmart this year.  I'm in Southern Maryland and checked the three stores in my area.

Only one pattern in a few plates called "Winter Botanicals"  in store, although you could buy it online. 

In the past, there was always a wonderful selection of holiday dishes...big platters, bowls, dinner and salad plates.

The few dishes I saw were almost hidden amongst unrelated items.  

There was just something missing from this year's holiday selection of home decor items.  I don't know if it was a supply issue, or they just don't carry them anymore.

Disappointing either way.

Not that I needed any more dishes  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Keep your eyes open, ladies.  Maybe they're on a ship and will make to the stores in time for Easter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I'm hoping it's just the supply chain issue. They are such good sellers, Walmart could raise the prices a bit and not lose sales. I love them for gifts with cookies and candies. My DD lives in western MD, and they had nothing either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio - We never got any of the BHG winter dishes at the Walmarts in our area, either. It will be interesting to see if they just didn't release any new items this year or if the set actually might be discontinued now.

@kitcat51 - Yes, definitely check ebay as well—I was trying to replace a few pieces in my sister's discontinued Corelle set as a surprise for her, and after setting up a search with alerts about new listings, I was able to get brand new items for her after only waiting about a month. You could also try tarltonplace.com; I purchased from this seller on ebay initially but then bought a few more pieces directly from their website and got even better deals. Good luck!