Honored Contributor

WalMart Holiday Selections 🎄😊

Wow!! What a difference a week (or 2) makes ...the shelves are really picked over.

Although, I found a couple of nice "picks" for .98 and a really nice clip on cardinal with greens for $1.48.

As I looked at the aisles I thought ...everyone must have decided to start buying & decorating early because the few things I had my   eye on....gone☹️☹️

Even the Christmas housewares section was slim pickings ...no christmas dishes, mugs which were there last trip.

Tomorrow I'm heading to At Home I hope to find a new "teardrop" wreath for my front door.

Honored Contributor

Re: WalMart Holiday Selections 🎄😊

@homedecor1  The first of November a  friend and I were at Hobby Lobby, the manager told us to buy now....what they had was out and there would be no more coming in.  I asked if they received less inventory this year and he said no....same amout as last year but that customers were buying early. 

Respected Contributor

I know ! And we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet ! Years ago it seems the Christmas stuff was barely being put out on the store shelves before Thanksgiving. Crazy .🌲

Honored Contributor

I've heard our stores are packed with shoppers and the merchandise is going fast. My friend's daughter wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby but the lot was full. Other than groceries which I'll get early Sunday morning, I'm staying at home, with short walks in the park.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought our new tree back in June and put it up today. I had a feeling with Covid things would be different so I got a really early start. Glad I did.

Respected Contributor

Ours just got most of their stuff out in the last week or so. They had plenty of the BHG Christmas dishes and I got a couple of pretty tablecloths in the sizes I needed. 

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to the supplies.

Honored Contributor

My local Walmart starts putting out the Christmas stuff in September and what's on display is all there is. Nothing gets restocked. By now, half of it's gone and in another week or so they'll start reorganizing what's left and fill the voids with storage containers. A few days before Christmas they'll start marking down whatever's left and by January first all of the Christmas stuff will be gone and Valentine candy and Easter stuff will start filling the voids.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

LOL, they sure are. I walked past ours going to another isle and I thought the same thing. On line at Sam's club is like that also.

Honored Contributor

I think that whatever they (all stores) got in for "holiday" decorating, is in and will be dwindling down as time passes. I wanted some faux greenery/picks for a couple of wooden bowl displays and have checked at WM off and on the last few weeks when I had to be there anyway. Nothing new has shown up and supplies are going down. I didn't want to drive over an hour to the nearest HL, not knowing if they were also getting low on availability, so I'll just make do with what I currently have. Once I get everything out and start decorating, I may find I have what I need anyway, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Went to my fav store Old Time Pottery ...oh my goodness -- shelves were almost empty☹️☹️--

This is the kind of store if you see it better get it! I wanted this pretty frosted mason jar with etched frosted tree - gone☹️☹️

Then again, I'm not to sad because I really didn't need it🙈