Respected Contributor

Oh, bless you.  I've certainly lost items temporarily because I've forgott4en where I put them, usually because I've put them in a "safe" place.  

During one move, years ago, the movers picked up a loveseat and a little pouch of my jewelry fell out that I honestly didn't remember putting there.  Now, this was when I was young, so no senior-itis excuse.

Now, I try to be intentional when storing items, but I'm still apt to lose things if I try to clean up quickly and don't put things in their proper home.

Honored Contributor

I had something similar happen to my two-foot tall silver tinsel tree that lives on my coffee table during the Christmas holiday period.

One year I looked and looked and it did not want to be found.

Finally I actually posted here about it being missing and many of the good people on this board sent me good wishes and good luck, and it wasn't very long before it actually turned up.  (Thanks again to all who sent good wishes!) 

SO glad you found your special tray!

DSCN0428 (2).JPG

DSCN0431 (4).JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

I've done the same thing!! Glad you found your tray.  I love milk glass by the way; I have inherited most of my Mom's.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHERE DID I PUT THAT?!

[ Edited ]

@Oznell Next time you put that milk glass basket out, I'd love to see it!

A woman I adored (the mother of my BF from 14 on) was the one with the wonderful Victorian antiques.  When I saw her home I just seemed to "center".  She had a quite large collection of milk glass which she kept in THE most beautiful, heavy Victorian/primitive corner china cabinet you ever, ever saw!

I'd use it on into spring and summer with small silk flowers.

Antique Corner Cabinet 1800's two pieces Cherry for Sale in ...

Honored Contributor

Uh-oh, @Marsha2003 and @GingerPeach --   pouches of jewelry and charming table-top trees--  those are definitely not good things to lose, and so glad for you that they safely turned up!

@Tennesseegaland @ECBG :

@Tennesseegal,  yes isn't milk glass fun?  I don't have much, a piece or two of hobnail, and a couple of pieces of smooth texture-- the smooth is not as bright white as the hobnail, it's more creamy and more vintage-looking.

@ECBG,  I don't have the ability to take my own pictures and post here, but I looked on internet.  My basket is one of those familiar pieces that is widely available and can be thrifted for a few dollars-- here's an exact duplicate of the one I have:

s-l640.jpg

I like the fact that it is in the 'English hobnail' design-- these hobnails are diamond-shaped instead of round.

I couldn't find an exact duplicate of my vanity or pin tray, which is older.  But although mine is roundish, this one is similar.  It has more of that characteristic gold paint that they used to embellish them with-- mine is more  worn off than this one:

il_570xN.1433890012_nw5x.jpg

Just for fun, here's my favorite milk glass piece, a small, beaded rim, two handled vase or cup-- I found a duplicate online:

77f23bb856020567c88f2750733415ed--glass-trophies-glass-collection.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,  meant to say, gorgeous cabinet-- love that mellow wood!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@ECBG,  meant to say, gorgeous cabinet-- love that mellow wood!

Thank you!  I'd love to have that in my primitive dining room!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Oznell The cabinet is something I always wanted.  It may be mine.  I'm in negotiations.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I do this all the time. Just today I was looking for a display rack I use in the kitchen. I had taken the ceramic baker off of it and used it to hold fruit a couple of weeks ago. Now, I'm wanting to put the baker back in the rack for display, but do you think I can find the darn thing? 

I remember thinking at the time, "Don't put it too far away, this will be a short term change", but darned if I can find it.