Honored Contributor

WHEN do you Decorate for Fall?

Around town here some people are decorating outside for Fall and have been the past couple of weeks.

When do you decorate for the Fall Season?  I usually waited until  October   Man Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHEN do you Decorate for Fall?

End of September through Thanksgiving. Two months is enough for me, plus I hate to see summer go- too short in the Northeast!

Empty nester, so I will put out just a few things and change the wreath on my front door,

My LR faces west with lots of trees, so I get beautifully colored light in my house in the fall. Decor by Mother Nature!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I begin getting out non-Halloween Fall decorations mid September.  My Halloween decorations go up the first week of October.  I don't do a lot of decorations outside, I mainly decorate inside.  I put up a door decoration, and the week of Halloween, I hang up long sheets of long, "torn" cheese cloth curtains at our front door entrance and some spooky eyeball lights in the bushes.  We carve jack o' lanterns a few days before Halloween too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wait until after Labor Day so I can keep my outdoor Americana stuff out.  Then I begin w/Fall.  I'm not a Halloween fan, so my stuff is just plain Fall and Thanksgiving.  Love fall, but don't like what's coming after it, except for Christmas.  Snow for Christmas and then jump to April.........in my dreams Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Done

Trusted Contributor

Inside I already am decorated for Fall.  Outside, I will wait until after Labor Day.  I know I am rushing the season, but (1) I have to decorate when I have the time and (2) I was getting tired of summer decorations.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just took down my summer stuff yesterday. I live in the south and it is still kind of early but the weather is changing and I am ready! 

This weekend I will put up fall then change out a few things to Halloween and then another quick switch to Thanksgiving.  Just to give a nod to each holiday along the way.

I try to add a few things to my front and back yard every year so get more and more.

Respected Contributor

I am done with my inside, we had a rainy weekend a couple of weeks ago, so I went ahead and did it.  I HATE summer and LOVE autumn, so anything to rush it along, I am in!!  I will put my outside wreath up next week.  Then switch to Halloween beginning of October.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I am done with my inside, we had a rainy weekend a couple of weeks ago, so I went ahead and did it.  I HATE summer and LOVE autumn, so anything to rush it along, I am in!!  I will put my outside wreath up next week.  Then switch to Halloween beginning of October.

I am with you. I will do my outside mid September.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea to rush summer.  I love summer.  While I also like fall, I usualy wait until well into September for what little decorating I do.