Trusted Contributor

Re: WEll, he was in the mood to get all decorations down, so we did.

@SandPiper  I like that idea,  its cute!  Happy New Year!  

Trusted Contributor

Me too...I started yesterday...we are down with colds and it’s so cold out not much to do, so I thought it would be a good time...tree is still up but that’ll be coming down this weekend😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

We usually wait until after the Epiphany, but my shower is being re-done starting next week. Everything but the tree and ornaments put away. Will finish everything by Sunday afternoon. Enjoy your time!!!

Respected Contributor

I am doing mine little by little.  I have taken down a oouple vignette's, boxed them and stacked the boxes out of the way near where all will be stored. I left up a couple of my favorites that I will take down New Year's Day.    The tree is being undecorated today as it is covered and stored in the corner of my garage and I have to have my car out.

It is very cold today, tomorrow to be better so I am going out tomorrow to do errands,  DH can store the tree then.  It is to be colder yet Sunday and Monday so tomorrow is the best day to go out.  I will probably take down the other vignettes Monday so we can box and store everythng in the back of a large closet in the basement.

Unfortunately everything has to come out of the front of thet closet first, then the Christmas boxes stored in the back and the coats and stored clothes re-hung in the front. Getting out the Christmas decor and then storing it is a project with that arrangement, but that is the only option for storage.

This seems like the best time as I have been off for 6 days.  Then again, I am still enjoying the tree and remaining decorations and I may wait another week  Have to have it down before the cleaners come the following week.

Respected Contributor

Changed my mind from my previous post.  Went in and looked at my Chrlistmas tree and definiktely not ready to take it down.  Will leave it up until Monday and maybe by then I'll be tired of it.  DH can store it in the garage when I go to work Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

My tree is still up, but I've got almost all of the rest of my Christmas things put away. I do it as I have time. I'll probably take the tree down tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

I will definitely leave my Christmas decor up till after the Epiphany. But the winter items will remain till spring.

Respected Contributor

We are all coughing and blowing our noses...no energy to take down decorations.  I have a feeling we will be late taking them down this year.

Respected Contributor

The tree is up with lights and picks only. I put all ornaments away today. All else was packed up (did very little this year) the 26th but for the VPH lantern with church surrounded by white and silver trees. It looks winter and appropriate for our snow and cold. I’ll leave this and the tree up till the 6th.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2018.

Honored Contributor

No . I'm having friends over for New Years and they like to see the tree and my other decorations.

I have lots of time to take them down afterwards.