Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO MY SPRING/SUMMER KITCHEN FAIRY GARDEN

@flickerbulb wrote:

@mousiegirl

WOW! You have done an outstanding job! The attention to detail is amazing! I love the little mouse standing in the pot!

As a self-admitted light junkie, i must say that adding tiny rice, or fairy lights into the display would also look fantastic!

I found a small, glass house at GW and am on the hunt for small autumn items. Of course, I MUST add tiny lights!

@flickerbulb  I do have fairy lights in the display, and two etched hurricanes with the same lights in them, they just aren't visible as they were not lit when I photographed it.

Respected Contributor

Wow @mousiegirl; you could charge admission & be rich!  Awesome job & needs to be in a magazine!  Disney will be calling you!  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, Awesome fairy garden. I agree, you could give tours of the beautiful fairy gardens you have created.

Here is a litte mousie for your collection.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Wow! What attention to detail and how incredibly enchanting.

I could get lost for hours looking at all the detail. 

How long did it take you to put this together? Is it one of those things that starts small, then kind of gets a life of it's own? Have you been adding to it for years, or is it something you put together in a much shorter time?

Do you keep the basic pieces and change out just some for the fall, winter, or holidays (I noticed your title of spring/summer)? When you switch it over, how much time does it take to get the next season ready? 

I've heard of fairy gardens, but never seen anything remotely this big or detailed. I also noticed that you titled it Kitchen Fairy Garden, so do you have others in different locations in the house?

I'm totally fascinated, can you tell?

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@mousiegirl, Awesome fairy garden. I agree, you could give tours of the beautiful fairy gardens you have created.

Here is a litte mousie for your collection.

@lulutoby  Thank you for the mousie. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl

Wow! What attention to detail and how incredibly enchanting.

I could get lost for hours looking at all the detail. 

How long did it take you to put this together? Is it one of those things that starts small, then kind of gets a life of it's own? Have you been adding to it for years, or is it something you put together in a much shorter time?

Do you keep the basic pieces and change out just some for the fall, winter, or holidays (I noticed your title of spring/summer)? When you switch it over, how much time does it take to get the next season ready? 

I've heard of fairy gardens, but never seen anything remotely this big or detailed. I also noticed that you titled it Kitchen Fairy Garden, so do you have others in different locations in the house?

I'm totally fascinated, can you tell?

@Mominohio  Lol!  I began collecting the items during the past year-year and a half.  I hadn't thought about a fairy garden until I saw all of the wonderful items on zulily, and then my imagination ran wild, as you can tell.

The majority of the items are from zulily, except for Valerie's garlands, cherubs, candle rings, I placed one on top of each of the etched hurricanes, candles, and etched hurricanes.  

DD asked me when she came for a visit recently from school, how long it took me to assemble it.  I don't remember, but probably weeks as I couldn't go at it for more than a few hours at a time, maybe a few entire days throughout.  I have added a few items here and there as I buy them, but it is impossible now, so there are some that will wait until next year to appear in the garden. Smiley Happy  

The good news is that because they are so small, even in their individual boxes, they all fit into one and a half large, deep drawers in my red room.

This is the only fairy garden, but as I mentioned in another post, I may put together one or more very small gardens in planters on the deck, next year.

I entitled it kitchen so people would know that it was not an outside fairy garden.  I hadn't thought of it until recently, but because I just bought three fairy pumpkins and gourd houses, they will be in the fall display and maybe a few more fairy items, not sure yet, but the majority of the items will not be present for fall as they are clearly spring/summer in my eyes.

Sometimes I don't know exactly how I will decorate until I begin, and then I enter a creative zone that I am not even aware of and it all comes together without much fussing, as everything dictates where it belongs.  Piecing the moss and placing it took the most time and mess.  It is faux, and wonderful, just what was needed.

If you noticed the huge lantern at the back with the grey Mirage in it, well, that is where the Luminara TSV chocolate candles will go for the fall display, at least I will try it, and if I don't like it, something else will work.

I had a fabulous Easter display so will post that next year. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, That's ok.  You don't have to look up the name.  I assume it's called a fairy house?  I will try to remember to check Zulily on occasion for it.  I think it's adorable.  

@SHOPR  I just edited my post as I remembered that it was probably Wind & Weather.

@mousiegirl, Thanks.  I found it.  Carruth Studio, Made in USA, too!

I would like one to place at the base of a large oak tree.  I bookmarked it to think about...

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Your fairy garden is wonderful!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Wow, what an elaborate garden.  Good to see the sprites represented too. Is that a Chinese dragon I see?  I like that you equally represented all factions of the fairy community.

I for one believe they exist.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Whoa,  Mousie,   That's a lovely place for the faires to live and play.   You've thought of just about everything regarding fairies.   I have a board on Pinterest for just Fairies and the Wee ;Folk,   Thanks for sharing.