Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO MY FALL FAIRY GARDEN

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gacat123 wrote:

@PamfromCT  

Your Fairy Garden can be size or style you want it to be!   <G>

I purchased a  *Keebler*  style door and 2 windows from Plow & Hearth and placed low on an oak tree near my bird feeder and bird bath. Three smooth stones lead up to the door. I have a small solar spot light that shines on the door at night.  My fairies are sleeping or hiding, they are very shy <G>  I found a Christmas Keebler door with a Christmas Wreath on it that I switch out about Thanksgiving.  

I have another Fairy Garden arrangement in some oversized Flower pots by my back carport door.  I filled the flower pots with dirt and then topped the dirt with soft flat green moss scraped up with a shovel and patted down.  This was my Fairy Garden PALETTE!   

I found a small tea light house that is the perfect home for my fairies. A few stones lead up to it.  I took a small  stubby oak branch and stuck it upright next to the little house and it looks just like a real oak tree.  Tiny stones in a circle make a little fire circle.  I used stuff I found around the house and repurposed.  A large marble glued onto a golf tee made a perfect gazing ball for my fairies.   Think MAGICAL and HAVE FUN!  

Keep Calm and Fairy Garden On,  

CAT 

@gacat123  Sounds very nice. Smiley Happy  I am planning an outdoor Fairy garden, but not on the ground so smaller, and much, much smaller than my indoor Fairy gardens.  My summer is the best, really looks like a woodsy Fairy garden with faux moss, you name it.  I posted it here last year.

@mousiegirlWill you do the outside Fairy Garden on a movable surface?   I just love them but not enough patience to do one for myself.  So, I will just enjoy pictures of yours.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gacat123 wrote:

@PamfromCT  

I purchased a  *Keebler*  style door and 2 windows from Plow & Hearth and placed low on an oak tree near my bird feeder and bird bath. Three smooth stones lead up to the door. I have a small solar spot light that shines on the door at night.  My fairies are sleeping or hiding, they are very shy <G>  I found a Christmas Keebler door with a Christmas Wreath on it that I switch out about Thanksgiving.  

I have another Fairy Garden arrangement in some oversized Flower pots by my back carport door.  I filled the flower pots with dirt and then topped the dirt with soft flat green moss scraped up with a shovel and patted down.  This was my Fairy Garden PALETTE!   

I found a small tea light house that is the perfect home for my fairies. A few stones lead up to it.  I took a small  stubby oak branch and stuck it upright next to the little house and it looks just like a real oak tree.  Tiny stones in a circle make a little fire circle.  I used stuff I found around the house and repurposed.  A large marble glued onto a golf tee made a perfect gazing ball for my fairies.   Think MAGICAL and HAVE FUN!  

CAT 

@gacat123  Sounds very nice. Smiley Happy  I am planning an outdoor Fairy garden, but not on the ground so smaller, and much, much smaller than my indoor Fairy gardens.  My summer is the best, really looks like a woodsy Fairy garden with faux moss, you name it.  I posted it here last year.

@mousiegirlWill you do the outside Fairy Garden on a movable surface?   I just love them but not enough patience to do one for myself.  So, I will just enjoy pictures of yours.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Either on a table or on a pot holder on wheels as the large pots are.  This won't happen for a while.

I have been bringing decor upstairs today and beginning to set up the kitchen table display.  It won't be as spectacular as last year, didn't post the pictures, but it will do, since DH and I will be painting the rec room soon, I don't have time to do more this year.

Though I hate to put my summer bunnies, etc,. away, will keep a few small out, maybe, I am enjoying seeing the Fall colors again. Smiley Happy

How is your decorating coming along, or are you finished?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gacat123 wrote:

@PamfromCT  

CAT 

@lucymo  Either on a table or on a pot holder on wheels as the large pots are.  This won't happen for a while.

I have been bringing decor upstairs today and beginning to set up the kitchen table display.  It won't be as spectacular as last year, didn't post the pictures, but it will do, since DH and I will be painting the rec room soon, I don't have time to do more this year.

Though I hate to put my summer bunnies, etc,. away, will keep a few small out, maybe, I am enjoying seeing the Fall colors again. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I am about finished with the decorating.  I still have the lanterns and front porch to do.  I need to clean up and pack away stuff that has no place to be since I brought out the fall. The house is a bit cluttered and that bothers me.  If I could keep from cluttering the whole house it would surely help a lot.  lol. I have no time anymore it seems, always have something else to do.  But, that's why I start early, I know the interruptions will come. 

What kind of flooring are you putting in the rec room?  You have a big job there with the painting and the floor.  I love the after though when the job is finished.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gacat123 wrote:

@PamfromCT  

CAT 

@mousiegirl  I am about finished with the decorating.  I still have the lanterns and front porch to do.  I need to clean up and pack away stuff that has no place to be since I brought out the fall. The house is a bit cluttered and that bothers me.  If I could keep from cluttering the whole house it would surely help a lot.  lol. I have no time anymore it seems, always have something else to do.  But, that's why I start early, I know the interruptions will come. 

What kind of flooring are you putting in the rec room?  You have a big job there with the painting and the floor.  I love the after though when the job is finished.

@lucymo  A durable floor, that's for sure, not wood because it would wear.  I did a lot of looking a few years ago, and have since changed my mind on what to put down.  We won't lay the floor, so will hire someone.

Tell me about clutter, LOL, it is unending!

Honored Contributor

@NAES1  My decor may look cluttered in the pictures, but in reality, it is not. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Wow! That is so neat! Took a lot of time, imagination, and collecting to put it all together-great job! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”