Honored Contributor

Re: WARNING! BUNNIES Have Hopped into PIER 1!

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt  I saw them yesterday, wonderful they are. Smiley Happy  I see one set in white at Pier1, zulily has in brown/bronze color.  Pier1 does a great job in the bunny department. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Can anyone ever have enough bunnies, I tell myself yes, but my actions prove otherwise.

@mousiegirl  Obviously, we don't think we can have too many bunnies. lol.  I have too many large ones, should have got some smaller ones too. I know that you have some pretty ones.  I donated some of mine last week in my quest to downsize.  It is painful but looking around I still have more than I need.

Did DH recover well from his illness?  I haven't been on here much lately so may have missed some posts of yours.

@lucymo  Ooooh the pain, saying goodbye to bunnies, lol, don't think I could do it.

DH went back to work last Friday, as my suggestion to sue my SportsGel worked like a charm.  I bought a Teeter inversion table at HSN the other day, on sale, as it is specifically good for sciatica, and I can use it also, but I won't until I have pain, and that will come when I begin weeding.  I think DH will use it every day, only three-five minutes, as he is big into exercise, going to gym three or more times a week, more disciplined than I am, hopefully preventing a future severe attack.

My living room tree is dying due to the ten days when DH couldn't get down on the floor to water it, so maybe another week and I will begin removing the ornaments. Smiley Sad

@mousiegirl  Sounds like you have a plan to keep another attack at bay.  I'm glad to know that your DH is doing better. I don't exercise as I should, although I do like to walk.  The weather is crazy here, we got about seven inches of snow yesterday and it is very cold, single digits tonight.  We will be back in the 60's by the weekend.  Snowing in the south too.  I'm ready to garden.  Smiley Happy

I hope you get your tree down soon or it will be a skeleton. lol.  It sure has held up a long time though, hasn't it?  Hurry up and get it down before CIJ, don't want to be buying for a new tree while this one is still there.  lol.

Yes, it is hard to give up some things, like Bunnies, but I carried a box of finials, goblets, trees and the like and it didn't bother me a bit.  I'm tired of a lot of that kind of decor anyway. We may be making a change in where we live soon so I need to pare down the stash.  I can always get more later if I need to. That's where the fun comes in.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Oh dear, moving.  We may have to at some point, but I dread even the thought of it.  DH says I will have to get rid of my things, smaller house, and I told him no, we have to get a bigger house, lol.  Well, that won't happen as this house is pretty big, but older, and in order to get a house that will hold what I have, we would have to move way up North, can't go South, too hot, and then I would be so far away from my doctors, so would be a pain to get there, get depressed just thinking about it.

Would you be staying in the same state do you think?  If we move, it should be out of state as it is now so darned expensive, sky high electric and water, not to mention anything else, and don't even mention taxes, even on retirement funds, so not fair, should be a better way for people who have worked all of their lives supporting the state, makes me mad that the state I was born, raised, and have lived in my entire life, may be pushing me out.

@mousiegirl  If we do move it will be the same town just different area.  We may not just thinking about a house we like but when it comes to moving we may change our mind. Also, we've done so much landscaping here and

too much to dig out and it's only been eleven years ago that we moved here. I miss having a basement and fireplace here.

Yes, CA has a lot of problems and it's so sad to see the destruction of beautiful homes and forest.  I've been there but just visiting so don't know anything about the workings of the state. It's your home state and you probably won't stray far away if you ever move.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  Oh, Lord have mercy, the  'Bunny Brigade' has started. I have no will power when I see cute bunnies.  P1 always has the sweetest ones too. 

Thanks, Spurt, for putting all these cuties in my mind. LOL

I like this tree too.

@lucymo Pier 1 has so many cute and pretty things......

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I think P1 has too many cute and pretty things.  Drives me crazy and when I'm trying to downsize too.  I have enough eggs to make a nine foot egg tree but if I see some pretty ones I'll bring in just a few more.  I think I have a problem.  Woman Frustrated

@lucymo

I know what you mean---I wish I had a huge house with an orgnized room with built in shelves and organized units just to store seasonal decor.....I was surprised that I walked away with just a mini wreath for a vinette I put in my kitchen...but I know I will be back....my sister's new apartment building is two blocks away...so we go their often...LOL!!!

I was bad with Christmas ornaments as you are being tempted by eggs....I had a box of of ornaments I didnt even use this year after I decorated my tree....but that didnt stop me from picking up a few unique ones I saw when I was out and about....Woman LOL

@Spurt  I am still buying ornaments, LOL, at zulily and ebay, but it is coming to an end, tout suite.  Now, have to buy more bins to store them, nuts!

@mousiegirl

Yep, me too...all I did was add another storage container when Im supposed to be purging and reducing the inventory....LOL!

@Spurt  LOL, me too, several.  I told DH that when he goes to Costco later this week, to get said amount of bins, to which he yelped, "more bins, I just bought some!."  LOL!

@mousiegirl

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif Tell him to pick me up a couple more too....looks like Ill need it to add a couple more bunnies.............

@Spurt@mousiegirl  If I didn't know you ladies I'd think you have a shopping problem.  Buying more bins to store stuff, Really!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  Oh, Lord have mercy, the  'Bunny Brigade' has started. I have no will power when I see cute bunnies.  P1 always has the sweetest ones too. 

Thanks, Spurt, for putting all these cuties in my mind. LOL

I like this tree too.

@lucymo Pier 1 has so many cute and pretty things......

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I think P1 has too many cute and pretty things.  Drives me crazy and when I'm trying to downsize too.  I have enough eggs to make a nine foot egg tree but if I see some pretty ones I'll bring in just a few more.  I think I have a problem.  Woman Frustrated

@lucymo

I know what you mean---I wish I had a huge house with an orgnized room with built in shelves and organized units just to store seasonal decor.....I was surprised that I walked away with just a mini wreath for a vinette I put in my kitchen...but I know I will be back....my sister's new apartment building is two blocks away...so we go their often...LOL!!!

I was bad with Christmas ornaments as you are being tempted by eggs....I had a box of of ornaments I didnt even use this year after I decorated my tree....but that didnt stop me from picking up a few unique ones I saw when I was out and about....Woman LOL

@Spurt  I am still buying ornaments, LOL, at zulily and ebay, but it is coming to an end, tout suite.  Now, have to buy more bins to store them, nuts!

@mousiegirl

Yep, me too...all I did was add another storage container when Im supposed to be purging and reducing the inventory....LOL!

@Spurt  LOL, me too, several.  I told DH that when he goes to Costco later this week, to get said amount of bins, to which he yelped, "more bins, I just bought some!."  LOL!

@mousiegirl

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif Tell him to pick me up a couple more too....looks like Ill need it to add a couple more bunnies.............

@Spurt@mousiegirl  If I didn't know you ladies I'd think you have a shopping problem.  Buying more bins to store stuff, Really!  LOL

@lucymo

But LUCYMO...it's just for re-organizing... Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt  I saw them yesterday, wonderful they are. Smiley Happy  I see one set in white at Pier1, zulily has in brown/bronze color.  Pier1 does a great job in the bunny department. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Can anyone ever have enough bunnies, I tell myself yes, but my actions prove otherwise.

@mousiegirl  Obviously, we don't think we can have too many bunnies. lol.  I have too many large ones, should have got some smaller ones too. I know that you have some pretty ones.  I donated some of mine last week in my quest to downsize.  It is painful but looking around I still have more than I need.

Did DH recover well from his illness?  I haven't been on here much lately so may have missed some posts of yours.

@lucymo  Ooooh the pain, saying goodbye to bunnies, lol, don't think I could do it.

DH went back to work last Friday, as my suggestion to sue my SportsGel worked like a charm.  I bought a Teeter inversion table at HSN the other day, on sale, as it is specifically good for sciatica, and I can use it also, but I won't until I have pain, and that will come when I begin weeding.  I think DH will use it every day, only three-five minutes, as he is big into exercise, going to gym three or more times a week, more disciplined than I am, hopefully preventing a future severe attack.

My living room tree is dying due to the ten days when DH couldn't get down on the floor to water it, so maybe another week and I will begin removing the ornaments. Smiley Sad

@mousiegirl  Sounds like you have a plan to keep another attack at bay.  I'm glad to know that your DH is doing better. I don't exercise as I should, although I do like to walk.  The weather is crazy here, we got about seven inches of snow yesterday and it is very cold, single digits tonight.  We will be back in the 60's by the weekend.  Snowing in the south too.  I'm ready to garden.  Smiley Happy

I hope you get your tree down soon or it will be a skeleton. lol.  It sure has held up a long time though, hasn't it?  Hurry up and get it down before CIJ, don't want to be buying for a new tree while this one is still there.  lol.

Yes, it is hard to give up some things, like Bunnies, but I carried a box of finials, goblets, trees and the like and it didn't bother me a bit.  I'm tired of a lot of that kind of decor anyway. We may be making a change in where we live soon so I need to pare down the stash.  I can always get more later if I need to. That's where the fun comes in.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Oh dear, moving.  We may have to at some point, but I dread even the thought of it.  DH says I will have to get rid of my things, smaller house, and I told him no, we have to get a bigger house, lol.  Well, that won't happen as this house is pretty big, but older, and in order to get a house that will hold what I have, we would have to move way up North, can't go South, too hot, and then I would be so far away from my doctors, so would be a pain to get there, get depressed just thinking about it.

Would you be staying in the same state do you think?  If we move, it should be out of state as it is now so darned expensive, sky high electric and water, not to mention anything else, and don't even mention taxes, even on retirement funds, so not fair, should be a better way for people who have worked all of their lives supporting the state, makes me mad that the state I was born, raised, and have lived in my entire life, may be pushing me out.

@mousiegirl  If we do move it will be the same town just different area.  We may not just thinking about a house we like but when it comes to moving we may change our mind. Also, we've done so much landscaping here and

too much to dig out and it's only been eleven years ago that we moved here. I miss having a basement and fireplace here.

Yes, CA has a lot of problems and it's so sad to see the destruction of beautiful homes and forest.  I've been there but just visiting so don't know anything about the workings of the state. It's your home state and you probably won't stray far away if you ever move.

@lucymo  I live in Northern Ca.  the only reason we would have to move is when DH retires due to the high cost of everything, but at this stage in my life, I don't want to go to another house, I want to stay put.

It has crossed my mind that if we did have to move, I would be digging certain plants up to take with us, lol.

Respected Contributor

I visited Pier One yesterday and oh my........

The bunny dinnerware had me from the get-go.

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

They're cute, but once I had the real thing in my garden, I didn't feel like decorating with them any more.

@ValuSkr  LOL Bunnies are cute, but I can relate! One of the plants we grow in our gardens is runner beans and we had to put a border of paver stones all around the entire perimeter of our backyard/along the fence line to keep the local neighborhood bunnies from hopping in and eating them...and other garden plants.

I do still have a couple of sets of bunnies to decorate with though...both are VPH's from 3-5+ yrs ago...pics below Smiley Happy

shopping-valerie-parr-hill.jpg

valerie-parr-hill-easter-ideas.jpg

Honored Contributor

We are buying a new house so I have to not spend on non essentials plus I don't want more to pack. That said - the bunny in the cabbage teapot is calling to me. I collect teapots and that one is adorable.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl

If I may jump in here. I recently moved out of CA after living there my whole life. I am 70 and it was very hard physically and emotionally. Hard leaving the house I lived in for over 40 yrs, my state, my doctors, family, friends, etc. I love CA and miss it very much. Hope you can work things out so you don't have to leave.

@Spurt

So sorry to have gone off topic. I love all the bunnies you posted. I went to Pier 1 today and they are even cutier in person! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl

If I may jump in here. I recently moved out of CA after living there my whole life. I am 70 and it was very hard physically and emotionally. Hard leaving the house I lived in for over 40 yrs, my state, my doctors, family, friends, etc. I love CA and miss it very much. Hope you can work things out so you don't have to leave.

@Spurt

So sorry to have gone off topic. I love all the bunnies you posted. I went to Pier 1 today and they are even cutier in person! Thanks!

@itsmetoo  Thank you, I hope we don't have to move either.  I am sad reading your post as that is how I would feel.  

Esteemed Contributor

I know......I saw these online.  There is a Pier 1 about a mile down the road from me........too close for comfort Smiley Happy