Honored Contributor

I just took a look at Joann and Michaels.  Joann has orange, navy and burgundy in velvet.  40% sale and $2.99 shipping.  They also have other fabrics.  Michael's was a bust.  🎃🎃🎃

Respected Contributor

My local grocery store (Safeway) carries some by designer Debi Lilly. They are mostly pretty small and most of the velvets, while pretty, were very deep, dark colors. Towards the end of last season I got a bunch at least half off. There were acorns also. I've seen a few out already this year - maybe left over from last year.

Image result for debi lilly velvet pumpkin collection

Respected Contributor
@froggy
I love the colors in that pic! So interesting that Safeway has them. I don’t live near any Safeways anymore though.
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@froggy
I love the colors in that pic! So interesting that Safeway has them. I don’t live near any Safeways anymore though.

Yes, the orange is brighter than the other colors.  There were dark green, purple, blue and also a light gray.

Honored Contributor

Re: Velvet pumpkins

[ Edited ]

@Oostende  I went nuts last year and bought more than anyone should have, lol, all colors, shapes, and sizes.

Zulily has some now, I believe, if the search box is used, and will have more.  Also, I bought some on amazon, so check there, may be too early now.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all!  

I'm sorry I haven't responded to you all right away.  I ran out to do some yardwork before the heat of the day makes it miserable.

I appreciate all your suggestions!

I guess the heat just makes me yearn for cooler temperatures and the lovely rich colors of fall!

Respected Contributor

I still love them too...I did the same as you @froggy and @mousiegirl...bought a slew of them from Safeway on 70% off clearance I like the deep jewel tones, not so much orange which Just doesn’t look good in my house ....I tucked several of the deep burgundy ones in my flocked tree, and filled baskets with the rest. Love the velvet 😊

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I still love them too...I did the same as you @froggy and @mousiegirl...bought a slew of them from Safeway on 70% off clearance I like the deep jewel tones, not so much orange which Just doesn’t look good in my house ....I tucked several of the deep burgundy ones in my flocked tree, and filled baskets with the rest. Love the velvet 😊

@Azcowgirl  No safeway around here sells anything like velvet pumpkins, but I just checked amazon, and there are a lot, not that I need one ore.

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

What I like about the ones at Safeway is that they are not just velvet covered foam but are actually filled so that they are soft and have some weight to them. I like to put them in bowls and baskets also.

@AzcowgirlWhat city are you in? I am in Green Valley, south of Tucson.

Respected Contributor

@froggy 

I too like that they are squishy and moldable so they fit nicely wherever you tuck them 😀.The Safeway here has had them a couple years in a row.

Im by Lake Havasu.