Valued Contributor

It seems like velvet pumpkins were all the rage a year or two ago and now they've dropped off the face of the earth.  

There are a lot of greens and whites and grays this year.  

I have all that I need, I just wondered if anyone had seen them out this year.  I love the richness of the colors.

Valued Contributor

The velvet acorns are kind of cute, too.

Velvet Acorns, Silk Velvet Acorns, Acorns Multiple Colors, Set of 5 with Nest, Thanksgiving Decor

Valued Contributor

These are cute.

Velvet Pumpkins by Daria Knowles  http://velvetpumpkins.typepad.com ~ I'm totally in LOVE with the itty bitty aqua punkin on the tippy top!!!  <3

Respected Contributor

Re: Velvet pumpkins

[ Edited ]

@Oostende  I have already seen some on blogs that are publishing fall posts.

I have a whole collection and just love them. I did see pumpkins made of a wool type fabric in Joanne's. Pretty.

Edited to add:  the velvet pumpkins in your third picture are from Plush Pumpkins. They are really gorgeous but pricey.........!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't come across the pumpkins in my travels.  I don't think I've ever seen the acorns, they are cute.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, @Regal Bee and @GCR18.  I guess they've fallen out of favor.  Hobby Lobby, Pier One, etc. don't seem to be stocking them.

Respected Contributor

@Oostende  Check Michaels before giving up. They had beautiful ones last year and very well priced. 

Respected Contributor

While I have said I do not need more pumpkins and yet still purchased some of Valerie’s the other day, if I came across some velvet pumpkins in colors that appealed to me, I wouldn’t hesitate to get them.  

I got some of Valerie’s orange velvet ones a few years ago and like them very much.  I missed out on the multi-colored set she had.  Was hoping she’d come out with more.  I would love some sage green, white or gray ones for my living room.  Or some rich burgundy, eggplant or green for my family room.  

I don’t get out to decor stores much so rely on the Q for such things.  I also tend to get overwhelmed when I go in places like Pier 1 and Home Goods.  I’m sure there are some other places online to buy them but I’m afraid to look, dont want to open a can of worms...

Honored Contributor

Go on etsy, they have nice ones,acorns also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

They may be passé, but I still like them.  You can still display them; I don't think anyone would mind.