Re: Valeries sneek peak is up

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I will keep a look out for Valerie's mercury glass going forward and try one that moves me.

@VaBelle35 @mousiegirl  I have too much MG too but I do like it.  The main problem I've had with Valerie's is buying two of an item to make a pair and they are not a good match because one is done with heavier painting than the other. But, for the price, it is better than most I've seen.

@lucymo  I havn't noticed that.

@mousiegirl  One example is the large Hurricane that was sold as a single  and I bought two.  One looks so much lighter than the other in the chocolate.  I think you have the Orange color.  I use them like on each end so not too noticeable that way.  I have seen it in other pieces too.  Sent some back but kept some too if I plan to have some space between them.

@lucymo  Oh yes, the orange hurricanes I have on the clear glass stem, are like this, had forgotten about them.

I started clearing the Summer displays, and will begin Fall decorating, only because I realized it takes me weeks, off and on, to get it done, then it will be the end of September, just right.  I won't feel like Fall when the 80's return, but by the time I am finished, it will probably be cooler.

@mousiegirl  Have fun decorating.  Something is always coming up to interfere so I always have to start early.  I also pack up most of fall around November 1st so I can get started on Christmas.  Our church has a community Thanksgiving dinner the week before the actual day so we spend a lot of time preparing for that.  Always hoping we can give a great dinner to those who won't have that otherwise.

Will you be doing a fall Fairy community this year?  I always love seeing pictures of that.

@lucymo  So you have Christmas decor up before Thanksgiving?  I know some do, but I don't begin until the day after Thanksgiving.

I have put less out for displays this year, as there is so much to do outside and inside, so for instance, instead of my Summer Fairy garden, I had a display of brown bunnies, garlands, and candles, spheres, hurricanes,  basically a green and brown color scheme is how it worked out, and one large lantern I bought this year, rustic with birds on top.  I forgot to take a picture yesterday before I began dismantling, have to get used to taking pictures as soon as I finish decorating, instead of just before I dismantle displays.

On the front of the island, I have a smaller lantern, part of a set of two, the other being on the kitchen table, with grey bunnies from end to end, and two large cream bunnies on the end with Valerie's mosaic columns filled with lit Calla lilies and greens.  I may be able to get a picture of this display.

No Fairy garden until maybe Christmas, but maybe not.  I want to do a lot of baking in November for the freezer for the holidays, which I never have time to do due to decorating so much, but Christmas will be all the way, of course.  I figure that the baking will be done by the end of November, hopefully I can pull this off, then I begin Christmas decorating.

I will be displaing Charming Tails on the kitchen table this year, have a ton of Christmas that I havn't used in decades, except for a few last year in the Fairy garden, so am looking forward to seeing these characters again, lol, think they are adorable and so funny. Smiley Happy  I will also use the gingerbread decor which I didn't last year, but I am already missing my large woodsy display that I put out last Christmas on the kitchen table, just can't have it all out every year, no room.  There will be deer, but not that many this year.

If you would like, I can bring up my Fairy gaden displays of last year, Halloween, Fall, and Christmas, let me know. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I know you posted some of your fairies but I don't recall seeing a fall one.  Maybe I was off the forum at that time.  I usually try to back track your post  as I follow you regularly.  I would so love to see that in person, must be such a treat for those who can. I can't imagine how much work goes into those so I don't blame you for doing something different this year.  I'll just enjoy the pictures of your 'Charming Tales' this time.  They are so cute but I never got into them.  Imagine that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann  Thanks for the information as I should be at TJX tomorrow if all goes as planned.  I don't need anymore wreaths but am drawn to them like a bug to a light.  Smiley Happy  But, I'm like that with a lot of things.

I did think those pumpkins at Target for $1 were adorable.  I also picked up a few at Walmart for the same price but only Orange and gold were available.  I admire you for passing as I usually get a few and then think about where I'll put them. I'm flaky like that.  lol

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I will keep a look out for Valerie's mercury glass going forward and try one that moves me.

@VaBelle35 @mousiegirl  I have too much MG too but I do like it.  The main problem I've had with Valerie's is buying two of an item to make a pair and they are not a good match because one is done with heavier painting than the other. But, for the price, it is better than most I've seen.

@mousiegirl  One example is the large Hurricane that was sold as a single  and I bought two.  One looks so much lighter than the other in the chocolate.  I think you have the Orange color.  I use them like on each end so not too noticeable that way.  I have seen it in other pieces too.  Sent some back but kept some too if I plan to have some space between them.

@lucymo  Oh yes, the orange hurricanes I have on the clear glass stem, are like this, had forgotten about them.

I started clearing the Summer displays, and will begin Fall decorating, only because I realized it takes me weeks, off and on, to get it done, then it will be the end of September, just right.  I won't feel like Fall when the 80's return, but by the time I am finished, it will probably be cooler.

@mousiegirl  Have fun decorating.  Something is always coming up to interfere so I always have to start early.  I also pack up most of fall around November 1st so I can get started on Christmas.  Our church has a community Thanksgiving dinner the week before the actual day so we spend a lot of time preparing for that.  Always hoping we can give a great dinner to those who won't have that otherwise.

Will you be doing a fall Fairy community this year?  I always love seeing pictures of that.

@lucymo  So you have Christmas decor up before Thanksgiving?  I know some do, but I don't begin until the day after Thanksgiving.

I have put less out for displays this year, as there is so much to do outside and inside, so for instance, instead of my Summer Fairy garden, I had a display of brown bunnies, garlands, and candles, spheres, hurricanes,  basically a green and brown color scheme is how it worked out, and one large lantern I bought this year, rustic with birds on top.  I forgot to take a picture yesterday before I began dismantling, have to get used to taking pictures as soon as I finish decorating, instead of just before I dismantle displays.

On the front of the island, I have a smaller lantern, part of a set of two, the other being on the kitchen table, with grey bunnies from end to end, and two large cream bunnies on the end with Valerie's mosaic columns filled with lit Calla lilies and greens.  I may be able to get a picture of this display.

No Fairy garden until maybe Christmas, but maybe not.  I want to do a lot of baking in November for the freezer for the holidays, which I never have time to do due to decorating so much, but Christmas will be all the way, of course.  I figure that the baking will be done by the end of November, hopefully I can pull this off, then I begin Christmas decorating.

I will be displaing Charming Tails on the kitchen table this year, have a ton of Christmas that I havn't used in decades, except for a few last year in the Fairy garden, so am looking forward to seeing these characters again, lol, think they are adorable and so funny. Smiley Happy  I will also use the gingerbread decor which I didn't last year, but I am already missing my large woodsy display that I put out last Christmas on the kitchen table, just can't have it all out every year, no room.  There will be deer, but not that many this year.

If you would like, I can bring up my Fairy gaden displays of last year, Halloween, Fall, and Christmas, let me know. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I don't have the big Thanksgiving dinner at my house anymore.  I work the one at church for the community so it's too much to turn around and  do all that cooking again the next week.  My family also comes to the church dinner and we go to someone else's house now on the big day. 

So, yes, I start Christmas before Thanksgiving.  For awhile it was Thanksgiving in the kitchen and DR and Christmas in other parts of the house.  Crazy, huh?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I don't have the big Thanksgiving dinner at my house anymore.  I work the one at church for the community so it's too much to turn around and  do all that cooking again the next week.  My family also comes to the church dinner and we go to someone else's house now on the big day. 

So, yes, I start Christmas before Thanksgiving.  For awhile it was Thanksgiving in the kitchen and DR and Christmas in other parts of the house.  Crazy, huh?  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Thanksgiving was always in our dining room until my kitchen was enlarged and remodeled, now it is in there, and Christmas Eve and Day dinners in the dining room.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@lucymo  Thanksgiving was always in our dining room until my kitchen was enlarged and remodeled, now it is in there, and Christmas Eve and Day dinners in the dining room.

@mousiegirl  You must have a really large kitchen and your island too.  I know you use a lot of decor in that area.  We just have room for a small table /2chairs in our kitchen.  My island is smaller than the one I had in the house in the country.  We use this one a lot so I don't use much decor on that.  Each time we have dinner guest, even one or two people we eat in the dining room.  I change out the DR table decor to fit each particular dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie looks as youthful as the day she got married.

Honored Contributor

Good evening Enablers

I went to TJ Maxx tonight but they didn't have a lot of wreaths.  There was a Fall display at the front door, but they had mostly candles and centerpieces, no wreaths.  They had 2 displays with wreaths in the back of the store but nothing with magnolias.

I did end up buying stuff I didn't need. As I always do when I go there. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

My TJMaxx store really did not have much fall decor out this year. I broke one of Valerie's non working MG candle holders today while I was decorating for fall. Another one in the garbage. 

Honored Contributor

I felt they had more Halloween than Fall.  I noticed that at Home Goods as well.  Home Goods had 4 shelves of Halloween.

I have a few nice Halloween pieces that I got from a local craft fair.  My favorite is a set of various size witches made out of corn husks.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

26in Velvet Pumpkin Wreath

TJMaxx.com  26" $39.99.  Grey.  It is different and for those who like lighter colors for fall.  It isn't for me but I think it's pretty and would work along with silver decor.

@VaBelle35