Honored Contributor

Re: Valeries sneek peak is up

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I will keep a look out for Valerie's mercury glass going forward and try one that moves me.

@VaBelle35 @mousiegirl  I have too much MG too but I do like it.  The main problem I've had with Valerie's is buying two of an item to make a pair and they are not a good match because one is done with heavier painting than the other. But, for the price, it is better than most I've seen.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I went to Hobby Lobby today to try to find Magnolias and they only had 2 bunches.  No swags or wreaths.

@VaBelle35  Everyone saw Valerie's show and bought up all the Magnolias to make their own floral centerpiece.  LOL Seriously, Magnolias are always popular and hard to find in good quality ones.  The petals are so large that they need some body or they just flop.

@lucymo  @VaBelle35  I think if Valerie had offered the flowers without the vase we would all have bought them, really like the magnolia too.

@mousiegirl@VaBelle35  I think so too.  I appeared to be a bush with all the flowers together making it a no brainer to use in so many different containers.  I doubt that will ever happen.  Remember when a lot of us asked for seasonal inserts for our cloches from Valerie.  The only one I ever saw that was anything remotely similar was the birds nest one.  No one listens to us.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I will keep a look out for Valerie's mercury glass going forward and try one that moves me.

@VaBelle35 @mousiegirl  I have too much MG too but I do like it.  The main problem I've had with Valerie's is buying two of an item to make a pair and they are not a good match because one is done with heavier painting than the other. But, for the price, it is better than most I've seen.

@lucymo  I havn't noticed that.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  One example is the large Hurricane that was sold as a single  and I bought two.  One looks so much lighter than the other in the chocolate.  I think you have the Orange color.  I use them like on each end so not too noticeable that way.  I have seen it in other pieces too.  Sent some back but kept some too if I plan to have some space between them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  One example is the large Hurricane that was sold as a single  and I bought two.  One looks so much lighter than the other in the chocolate.  I think you have the Orange color.  I use them like on each end so not too noticeable that way.  I have seen it in other pieces too.  Sent some back but kept some too if I plan to have some space between them.

@lucymo  Oh yes, the orange hurricanes I have on the clear glass stem, are like this, had forgotten about them.

I started clearing the Summer displays, and will begin Fall decorating, only because I realized it takes me weeks, off and on, to get it done, then it will be the end of September, just right.  I won't feel like Fall when the 80's return, but by the time I am finished, it will probably be cooler.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@lucymo  Oh yes, the orange hurricanes I have on the clear glass stem, are like this, had forgotten about them.

I started clearing the Summer displays, and will begin Fall decorating, only because I realized it takes me weeks, off and on, to get it done, then it will be the end of September, just right.  I won't feel like Fall when the 80's return, but by the time I am finished, it will probably be cooler.

@mousiegirl  Have fun decorating.  Something is always coming up to interfere so I always have to start early.  I also pack up most of fall around November 1st so I can get started on Christmas.  Our church has a community Thanksgiving dinner the week before the actual day so we spend a lot of time preparing for that.  Always hoping we can give a great dinner to those who won't have that otherwise.

Will you be doing a fall Fairy community this year?  I always love seeing pictures of that.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo, @mousiegirl, @VaBelle35. I don't know if anyone is interested in a magnolia wreath, but our TJX and HomeGoods had some gorgeous ones.You could use it all year I'd think... Also ,in another wreath were very soft colored velvet pumpkins with varioue foliage around them. They were also beautiful, and the colors so soft and dreamy. Soft greens and blues... aaahhhhh lol The cost of those and two other selections I forgot about was 59.99. HTH if anyone needs a wreath.

The only reason I passed, and struggled to do so, was I'd just bought a gorgeous sunflower wreath from Micheal's with a ton of greens, and deep blue flowers. I'll use it from late June until probably mid October. It was a great sale piece for 26.99 regularly 89.99. 

A sidebar, Targets velvet pumpins are adorable! Lucy mentioned them recently, and I was there yesterday to see them in person. NO scent, 1.00 each with 5 colors to choose from. Just sayin'. I passed only for lack of a place for them to be displayed.  pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann

Thanks!  I will check them out.  I was there in the last couple of weeks but was looking for other things.

I will do a quick sweep of ours.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Have fun decorating.  Something is always coming up to interfere so I always have to start early.  I also pack up most of fall around November 1st so I can get started on Christmas.  Our church has a community Thanksgiving dinner the week before the actual day so we spend a lot of time preparing for that.  Always hoping we can give a great dinner to those who won't have that otherwise.

Will you be doing a fall Fairy community this year?  I always love seeing pictures of that.

@lucymo  So you have Christmas decor up before Thanksgiving?  I know some do, but I don't begin until the day after Thanksgiving.

I have put less out for displays this year, as there is so much to do outside and inside, so for instance, instead of my Summer Fairy garden, I had a display of brown bunnies, garlands, and candles, spheres, hurricanes,  basically a green and brown color scheme is how it worked out, and one large lantern I bought this year, rustic with birds on top.  I forgot to take a picture yesterday before I began dismantling, have to get used to taking pictures as soon as I finish decorating, instead of just before I dismantle displays.

On the front of the island, I have a smaller lantern, part of a set of two, the other being on the kitchen table, with grey bunnies from end to end, and two large cream bunnies on the end with Valerie's mosaic columns filled with lit Calla lilies and greens.  I may be able to get a picture of this display.

No Fairy garden until maybe Christmas, but maybe not.  I want to do a lot of baking in November for the freezer for the holidays, which I never have time to do due to decorating so much, but Christmas will be all the way, of course.  I figure that the baking will be done by the end of November, hopefully I can pull this off, then I begin Christmas decorating.

I will be displaing Charming Tails on the kitchen table this year, have a ton of Christmas that I havn't used in decades, except for a few last year in the Fairy garden, so am looking forward to seeing these characters again, lol, think they are adorable and so funny. Smiley Happy  I will also use the gingerbread decor which I didn't last year, but I am already missing my large woodsy display that I put out last Christmas on the kitchen table, just can't have it all out every year, no room.  There will be deer, but not that many this year.

If you would like, I can bring up my Fairy gaden displays of last year, Halloween, Fall, and Christmas, let me know. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 You are welcome. In the  TJX where I shop, they had a display, 4 sided right as you walked in the door. One style of wreath for each side. HTH pinky