Honored Contributor

Re: Valeries sneek peak is up

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

@lucymo ~ I feel the exact same way.  I pulled up the wreath and was like, $99.00?!?!  And I also agree that Valerie's items are getting much too expensive.  With the holidays coming I really have to stop and think before I buy.  (That's anywhere and for anything).  Oh, well.  :-(

@Julie928  It's probably easier for us to pass on a lot of items because we are about finished decorating and don't need anything.  I usually use smaller wreaths inside than what that new one is, but it is beautiful.  If the price had been a bit lower I probably would have picked up one.

I need to stop with the decor too.  I have more than I need.  I'm going to bake some pinecones today that I picked up at a park a few days ago.  I am a pinecone nut, can't pass them up.  But, I make a lot of wreaths and use them there.

@lucymo  Tell me about baking pinecones, never heard ot it.  I just pick them up as they fall and put them in a basket on the hearth or place them around, but they usually sit outside in a pot or pile for quite a while until I am ready for them.

@mousiegirl  Most of the pinecones we pick up have sticky resin on them so I bake them to melt and seal that.  I use a cookie sheet covered in foil, put pinecones on in a single layer and bake about 20-25 minutes at 200 degree oven.  The resin melts and hardens to a nice satin finish. I wait about five minutes after I remove from oven and the resin is usually hardened.  I did some of the 15 inch huge Sugar Pinecones from CA a couple of years ago and they are still very nice.

@lucymo  Fascinating, and sounds so pretty.  The cones from my pine tree are just au natural, no sap.  I collected some of the sugar cones decades ago on a road trip to the Redwoods, grabbed a ton, lol, and they are still fine today.

@mousiegirlI love the sugar cones.  I gave about half of mine to DD but still have enough to use around the tree and a basket or so.  Go online and price sugar cones now, you'll be amazed at the price. 

Honored Contributor

I went to Hobby Lobby today to try to find Magnolias and they only had 2 bunches.  No swags or wreaths.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I went to Hobby Lobby today to try to find Magnolias and they only had 2 bunches.  No swags or wreaths.

@VaBelle35  Everyone saw Valerie's show and bought up all the Magnolias to make their own floral centerpiece.  LOL Seriously, Magnolias are always popular and hard to find in good quality ones.  The petals are so large that they need some body or they just flop.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  LMAO  So true!

I bought the last 2 medium bunches and you are right about them being floppy.

I am going to try to get to Michaels or AC Moore to see what they have.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@lucymo  LMAO  So true!

I bought the last 2 medium bunches and you are right about them being floppy.

I am going to try to get to Michaels or AC Moore to see what they have.

@VaBelle35I really like the magnolias that the petals are wired so they can be shaped and will stay that way.  But, it's hard to find them and they are a bit more costly but worth it I think.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't find anything at Michaels.

I may try AC Moore tomorrow.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35  Everyone saw Valerie's show and bought up all the Magnolias to make their own floral centerpiece.  LOL Seriously, Magnolias are always popular and hard to find in good quality ones.  The petals are so large that they need some body or they just flop.

@lucymo  @VaBelle35  I think if Valerie had offered the flowers without the vase we would all have bought them, really like the magnolia too.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Very true.

I'm not feeling mercury glass.  Maybe hers is a nicer quality, but all the mercury glass I'm seeing out in the market place doesn't excite me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  Very true.

I'm not feeling mercury glass.  Maybe hers is a nicer quality, but all the mercury glass I'm seeing out in the market place doesn't excite me.

@VaBelle35 Valerie's is the some of the prettiest mercury glass I have seen, and I have some beauties from Home Goods, believe it or not, and I have more than anyone should, lol, but with her flowers, I could make my own arrangement. have enough flowers also, just not magnolia.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I will keep a look out for Valerie's mercury glass going forward and try one that moves me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN