Trusted Contributor

She said on a show not to long ago that everything she brings has to be approved by the  QVC management.  So there you go.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I have a lot of Valerie's items and have only been disappointed a couple of times. I am very careful with my purchases and read the reviews and take the time to research the item as much as possible.

I am a savvy shopper and pretty much know when I am getting a good deal. I don't purchase the whimsical items...they don't speak to me and I don't see the quality when I am looking at them on the tv or the computer. 

I remember the frosted tree you made look so beautiful.  I purchased it 3 different times and all of them were defective and had limbs clumped together before they were frosted.  Limbs wouldn't separate!  Ugly trees...and yours was so lovely!

Trusted Contributor

I agree about her items lately. I don't know what hapened to her ! She did have really nice items at one time. Every time i see the glitter candles i laugh, how she could sell them with a straight face ! You would never see them at her house, for sure. I just don't understand how her things have gone downhill, new buyer ?  She kind of gets stuck in a theme, it was spheres, and now gingerbread items. i really miss her old shows, very sad.

Honored Contributor

I love Valerie and enjoy her presentations.  That said, I stopped buying her products several years ago because of poor quality.   It is a good idea to read reviews before buying. 

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

I have a lot of Valerie's items and have only been disappointed a couple of times. I am very careful with my purchases and read the reviews and take the time to research the item as much as possible.

I am a savvy shopper and pretty much know when I am getting a good deal. I don't purchase the whimsical items...they don't speak to me and I don't see the quality when I am looking at them on the tv or the computer. 

I remember the frosted tree you made look so beautiful.  I purchased it 3 different times and all of them were defective and had limbs clumped together before they were frosted.  Limbs wouldn't separate!  Ugly trees...and yours was so lovely!

@Zhills  Yes, I remember you saying this. I must have been really blessed to have been sent a good one. So sorry this happened with you.

I still love that tree. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

She said on a show not to long ago that everything she brings has to be approved by the  QVC management.  So there you go.

@sweetee2  That's the impression I have always gotten from QVC.  Doesn't the Q stand for Quality?  

Honored Contributor

I also have loads of Valerie's items, can't beat her picks, which is mostly what I buy now, but recently I have had to return four items, poor paint jobs, glu all over leaves of a set of branches, and her Reindeer Barn which I really wanted, but it arrived with all items on the roof, Santa, sleigh, and reindeer leaning way over.  It sold out so no replacement for me.

Esteemed Contributor
Her early offerings were lovely. I loved the cake candles on the pedestals. I still have a pretty yellow one. Now, when I do tune in, everything looks a little tacky.
Esteemed Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I agree about her items lately. I don't know what hapened to her ! She did have really nice items at one time. Every time i see the glitter candles i laugh, how she could sell them with a straight face ! You would never see them at her house, for sure. I just don't understand how her things have gone downhill, new buyer ?  She kind of gets stuck in a theme, it was spheres, and now gingerbread items. i really miss her old shows, very sad.

---------------

Absolutely agree!  I own many of her items, most purchased years ago.  Do not purchase much lately.  Am just not into the glittery, gingerbready, cutesy items.

Valued Contributor

Many of her pieces are quite nice...others not so much.  Many are very expensive for what they are.  Add up some of the pieces you need to buy to make one of the displays shown on a table....hundreds of dollars!  We do require as shoppers that battery operated items work and fragile pieces Not cracked.  Other than that beauty is in the eye...for Christmas decor a tree, a wreath, a garland, a centerpiece, a candle only....figurines are not to my liking.