Super Contributor

Valerie's pre-show is this Thursday at 4 p.m.  Can't wait!

Respected Contributor

a little OT, but sometimes, i wish she did a clothing line. She always wears classic clothing and looks so pulled together. I doubt it's anything from the Q, but i might be wrong.

Trusted Contributor

PARHILL yesssss. I love Christmas in July shows. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to look forward to her shows, not anymore, her stuff is becoming so cheap and tacky. Probably more gingerbread stuff,  and spheres. But i do love  Christmas in July shows of other brands.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3,

I kinda agree.

I used to have a very hard time not ordering something from Valerie but I do think her things have changed for the most part and what she chooses to show. A lot of her things do look "cheap and tacky."😑

and remind me of things I used to get at the drug store at Christmas.

She does seem to think spheres in every color and little glass lamps, plastic beaded fruit are popular.

I can look from one spot where I am sitting and see 2 Valerie lamps, 3 of her flameless candles, her snowy birds. I love them all.And her tall glowing lantern in the yard.

And I did get my daughter her spring napkins which are very well done and she loves.

And some of her things are still very cute and unusual. Her prices are not so great these days though. I think we all know we can find comparable

in so many places.

I guess she orders and tries products from different places.

Still I can hope there are better things to come.

She, like others may not have as many sources to order from anymore.

It is still fun to watch her but I only will watch her with a few hosts.

Thank you for posting this @fingerlakesny! I wouldn't have known.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

And I really like all the things I have and like a lot of us have said, I really don't need or want anymore!

Still fun to watch and sometimes every once in a blue moon there is something that just wants to come into my house, or a gift for someone elses!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

And I really like all the things I have and like a lot of us have said, I really don't need or want anymore!

Still fun to watch and sometimes every once in a blue moon there is something that just wants to come into my house, or a gift for someone elses!

--------------

I still enjoy her shows - with certain hosts - and certainly don't need anymore 'goodies'.  I can look around my house an see many of Valerie's items.  I think one time I counted ten just in my TV room!!!  But they were all purchased years ago, when her items were made mostly in wood or heavy, substantial glass.  

I do have a thing for her hurricane lanterns!  I do not like her mini lights for them, but I usually add my own Candle Impressions inside. Better glow and light fills the entire vessel.  Have at least 10 that I change with the seasons!! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting @fingerlakesny! I usually find my "group" holiday gifts early. Everyone always likes them. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

It has changed so much the past few years. I used to love her thick full christmas wreaths, and she would offer them in a few color choices. I notice she uses a lot of stuff in red decor the past few seasons also. She is also bringing in a lot of "made like glass" plastic items, that i can find at my local drug store. Another disappointing change for QVC.

Valued Contributor

I love Valerie.  I will always love Valerie.  Her shows are the only ones I watch on QVC!  I find the CIJ shows a welcome distraction from the politics and problems of the day. Sadly though, the quality of her products has declined. 

I ordered a ton of things last year, and I returned more than I kept.  I became an expert in gluing broken pieces, and coloring over poor paint jobs.  I thought I'd give it another try with H225166 Illuminated Snow-tipped Wax Pine cones.  I ordered two sets and wouldn't you know it -- a non-working pinecone in both sets!  Back they go.  I am so tired of re-packaging, calling customer service, emailing customer service, printing missing labels, trips to the Post Office, following up on refunds etc. etc. It's exhausting! 

I will still watch Valerie and CIJ, but I'll limit my orders to wreaths, picks and garlands, and maybe the Starry Night Pillars that will be offered in August. (I've never had a problem with Valerie's hurricanes & pillars.)

Anyway, I don't mean to be a downer!! I hope everyone enjoys CIJ this year.  May your purchases arrive quickly, unbroken, and in proper (long lasting) working order!!!!