Respected Contributor

Everything seems to be like something I have seen before. Channel surfing today and saw her present a scene in a candle shape with swirling glitter.  It's just a variation of faux candles from years past.  Between gingerbread houses, lanterns with scenes, glittery candles, etc. everything looks old fashioned and nothing new.  Hoping for something fresh and different this year and preferably something that doesn't require batteries and doesn't light up!  

Honored Contributor

Her lanterns are favorites of mine because I can make them seasonal with just a few Hobby Lobby items!

Respected Contributor

Used to love everything Valerie...but over the years quality and class has diminished.  Too much glitter, glitz, globes, shiny balls and flashing lights rather than classy timeless products.  Martha Stewart has emerged as having the classy products...

Esteemed Contributor

I wish she would ease up on the glitter....or even offer a choice of glitter or not...

Trusted Contributor

I love Valerie and always record her shows.  However, I have to agree with others on here who say that her quality has diminished in recent years.  I think she's putting out too much too quickly. 

I do have some great quality pieces of hers that I have bought through the years.  I haven't purchased anything recently though.  I think the last purchase I made from her was a beautiful glass cloche a few years ago.  It is always on display in my kitchen and I change out what I put inside it with each season.  That's the best thing I ever bought from her.

I have certainly been tempted by some items, but it has been easier for me to pass on them lately.  I often look at some of her things and I can already guess what the complaints will be.  Waiting for the reviews helps and it saves me money in the long run.

Regardless, I will keep watching when she is on.

Honored Contributor

Like everyone has said, I still watch her and I do like getting decorating ideas from her shows. Now occasionally I will buy something if its something unique..I do buy a lot of her garlands and wreaths.... But so much of her stuff is repeats---and I'm not into gingerbread villages, or glass spheres, I have enough lanterns....And one of her shows was mostly picks and ribbons 🥱😴ZZZZZZ  She needs just a bit more variety.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”