Contributor

She tried these birch trees and they get terrible reviews. Easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie upcoming TSV dud...

[ Edited ]

I bought those type of trees, but only used them for one year...then away they went to Goodwill. Never again. They were such a pain to store too.

On the upside for me...saving money, so no complaints. 

Here's a pic when I used twig trees in 2013...

P1260805.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise -

Your big tree especially looks really pretty! Those owls-weren't they on that Christmas show that Lisa R did?

Anyway, everything, including those lit twig trees looks so nice!

I think you have a good eye for arrangement.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I know the subject of the thread is disappointment at the upcoming TSV, but I'm so taken with your adorable vignette of owls, @Susan Louise.  Agree with @on the bay about your undeniable talent for arrangement!   You made those trees look good as well.  I can see your point about them being hard to store, and I'm hyper aware of that now that I'm paring down my Christmas decor, among other things...

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Susan Louise -

Your big tree especially looks really pretty! Those owls-weren't they on that Christmas show that Lisa R did?

Anyway, everything, including those lit twig trees looks so nice!

I think you have a good eye for arrangement.

@on the bay  Thank you for your kind comments Smiley Happy

Yes, many of the white owls are those that Lisa R presented. I also have several I bought at another retailer online...all of which I still have for when I go back to a woodland type of theme again. In the meantime they are all taking a rest...lol

IMHO, sadly I found the twig trees reminded me more of Halloween than wintertime even though they had snow on the branches. And with VPH's white birch TSV trees, I feel the same with those as well.

Valued Contributor

They're going to talk all day about a 5-6 dollar savings. Special is one word. 

Honored Contributor

Pottery Barn featured twig trees many years ago in their Holiday edition and showed them on a dining room table. Have to say, they looked VERY nice in the photo/how it was done. Friend bought them, did her table just like in the photo and it was gorgeous. Her sister didn't want to spend the money on the PB trees but love the look so when VPH brought her version out, she bought them. I never saw her table (or VPH show with them) but the feedback was the quality was nothing like PB and the look was nothing like PB's either. She donated them to Goodwill as well.

Maybe they were larger or not as flocked? I don't know but the PB ones were $$$$. My friend still has and uses her PB ones; she loves them.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I know the subject of the thread is disappointment at the upcoming TSV, but I'm so taken with your adorable vignette of owls, @Susan Louise.  Agree with @on the bay about your undeniable talent for arrangement!   You made those trees look good as well.  I can see your point about them being hard to store, and I'm hyper aware of that now that I'm paring down my Christmas decor, among other things...

@Oznell  Thank you Smiley Happy

Yes, me too. After last year's mega purge, I don't want to accumulate decor like that again. Although I had always purged from year to year, I got real serious about it this last time and donating about 2/3 of everything to Goodwill.

I also think as the years pass, most of us become much more selective and know what works and what doesn't for our own unique decorating style.

Respected Contributor

I think the trees are most effective when you have a large grouping of the various sizes...say 5 to 7 of them.  Even at TSV prices, that would be a substantial investment, so these are a no-buy for me.

Valued Contributor

I love these trees.  I bought several of Valerie's in the table-top sizes last year, and I kept some of the brown ones up all year!  I found them very easy to work with.  You can put them anywhere around the house.  I have antiques, and these trees look beautiful next to or inside an antique box with old books, or on an antique chair or bench etc.  They're pretty on a dresser in front of a mirror, I could go on and on.  I'm glad I have mine.