Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie upcoming TSV dud...

What were the primary problems with her birch trees in the past?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are we talking about the 6 ft, lighted birch tree?   That's what I am looking at, not her smaller twigs.

There used to be a catalog called Petals, and they had the most beautiful lighted trees.

Respected Contributor

Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I love these trees.  I bought several of Valerie's in the table-top sizes last year, and I kept some of the brown ones up all year!  I found them very easy to work with.  You can put them anywhere around the house.  I have antiques, and these trees look beautiful next to or inside an antique box with old books, or on an antique chair or bench etc.  They're pretty on a dresser in front of a mirror, I could go on and on.  I'm glad I have mine.

@Beauty Maven  Your review is fantastic, thank you!  I am considering the brown trees, but the flocking on them gives me pause.  I want them up all year, so snow flocking would look weird in the spring/summer.  I wonder why they had to flock the brown trees?

Super Contributor

I was so disappointed by the Bethlehem Lights Twigs (lights were defective) that I am weary of purchasing this TSV.  I would be interested in the white 3ft tree to place in a dark corner of my living room to stay up all year.  I can deal with the price and shipping, but quality is really a priority.  Any opinions?

Valued Contributor

I'm so with you.  I gave up on Bethlehem lights years ago because I never got what was presented and the product had no longevity.  The shipping on VPH's trees is too high.  They ar just what I wanted too. 

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper-- If my budget allowed, I would get the brown TSV trees and leave them up all year even though they are flocked.  My sister has a real birch tree in front of her house, and that tree is white AND brown  -- it is not pure white.

The flocking on the TSV tree is not heavy, and really doesn't scream winter.  I think the white trees look more wintery than the brown.

Of course that's just my opinion!

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I love these trees.  I bought several of Valerie's in the table-top sizes last year, and I kept some of the brown ones up all year!  I found them very easy to work with.  You can put them anywhere around the house.  I have antiques, and these trees look beautiful next to or inside an antique box with old books, or on an antique chair or bench etc.  They're pretty on a dresser in front of a mirror, I could go on and on.  I'm glad I have mine.

@Beauty Maven   I have two of the same size in brown from last year, no snow on them.  I tried two years in a row to get the tallest brown, and each time they didn't work, so just have the two.  I am thinking about two 3' white for a snowy scene, but don't make that every year, so doubt I will get them.  Last year, I bought VPH's snowy downswept trees two of one size, and one 4' I believe which I used last year, so maybe these are enough.  

Honored Contributor

I wasn't planning on ordering these, but after watching the presentation I would like the white 3' to put on the hearth of my fireplace with the new snowman I ordered.