Super Contributor

H216452 Valerie's distressed sleigh..

I received it Saturday & 2 of the metal leaves were broken.. I know it supposed to look distressed; and I went to wipe it off and it was flaking .. Cheap China junk .

I love Valerie & have a ton of her items but this was a disappointment .. I liked the size of this one..

Her oversized sleigh is beautiful but just too large for me.. I'm not sure if I want to order another sleigh & then may have to return it again.. Has anyone had problems with this sleigh??

I looked on line for other sleighs but didn't see anything that I liked.. If anyone has any website suggestions, for sleighs, it would kindly be appreciated..

Respected Contributor

@classic  I got this one at Kirklands last Christmas, and I see it's on their website for this year.  Currently sold out on-line, but maybe they have some at the stores or could get more before Christmas.   I saw quite a few in various sizes at Home Goods yesterday. 

The one at Kirklands is $59.99 and quite large and nicely made.  

167850_1.jpg

• Sleigh measures 24.75L x 13.25W x 17.5H in.
  • Crafted of galvanized metal
  • Sleigh design
  • Rusted, vintage finish

Or this one from Big Lots - just $30 and just pull out the greenery if you want to fill with presents

• 20"L x 12"W x 17"H

Champagne+Gold+and+Burgundy+Artificial+Floral+Sleigh+Centerpiece+Silo+Image.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

@CAcableGirl2

Thank you, they are both so beautiful .. I love them.. I have two  homegoods stores I could go to.. I didn't see any at the store near me.. I'm going to have to go to the other one and check it out ..

I don't one have a Kirkland near me.. it's well over 30 miles.. Kirkland does have some nice things.. Much thanks & I really appreciate the input .. 

Honored Contributor

@classic

Sorry you had this problem -- when I watch Valerie's (and others) I look closely for "imperfections" ...and sometimes I wonder if there really can be any Quality Control as in the early years of Q (or other online retailers).  

I just sent back a few things from VPH as for the cost I just couldn't justify "fixing" it.  (Of course, Q didn't refund my return s/h but I don't order much anymore for "they" determine if "defective" anyway....🙄)

I saw this large sleigh on Jill's show by Plow & Hearth (#H217292) it's bright red vs. muted colors but it was large.  If you have a Old Time Pottery in your area they have a nice selection of large sleighs -- under $50.

968A1AFC-36C2-47E5-BE1D-F636BB2B7CE2.jpeg

Super Contributor

Re: Valerie's red sleigh

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

I will check this one out also.. I agree with you about quality control  is not what it used to be.. I miss the days of old from QVC..

On a different note, being on these boards one gets to know posters & their comments.. I must say, you always have the nicest & helpful input .. Thank You !!

Honored Contributor

@classic

Thank you for the kind words ...I am a "professional window shopper"!   I drive my friends crazy as I browse until I find the perfect thing (and take my chances it's still there when I go back).

Sadly as a longtime Q shopper, I am no longer shopping much Q for things I know are available or similar in b&m stores.  Good thing: I'm getting exercise & my wallet is saving big $$$ -- good deals out in the stores🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻

Super Contributor

@homedecor1

I too am a long time QVC shopper & yes, I don't need anything new.. I, too,nwindow shop;  but when I find something different & I can use it, I'll purchase it..

I shop QVC mostly for VPH, flameless candles for the most part.. I have quite a few lock n lock pieces & basically that's my shopping style..

I like to go to the b&m stores.. I like to try on my shoes, and clothes.. 

Contributor

For sleighs go on line to :  Country Door,  Plow and Hearth or Grandinroad.  I'm sure you will find one.