Respected Contributor

I live in a smaller place with a smaller table, and mantle than the Q set.  Fewer flat surfaces and no kitchen island. I wish Valerie would have an example for the condo or apartment dweller.

I enjoyed the shows but the only item I purchased was the hydragena candle ring. . I decorate for seasons, not holidays. I canceled the foil egg candle ring when I decided it looked too country for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's new items

[ Edited ]

@traveler, While I love the large mantel on the VPH set, it would be nice and more helpful to see a standard sized mantel fully decorated.  I enjoy the shows, too, but I know that there is no way I could place that much stuff in my home.  That's a large area with lots of furniture surfaces. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I don't recall anyone mentioning these yesterday.  Is anyone else loving the pearlescent finish and softer colors of the new set of 3 finials H210532?  I loved the style and all four colors.  Too bad I'm feeling finialed out as many have said here.  I almost caved anyway.  They seem very vintage to me.

@SHOPR  Lol, that is exactly what I said to myself yesterday.  I think they are pretty, but no more for me.  I had difficulty placing the two and only sets I bought last year for Christmas decor.  I have bought and returned finials, at least now I know there is no place for them here.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR I thought the finials were beautiful, too.  I loved the soft, milky colors, but I have no way to use them.  Now, if VPH had offered a set of small eggs in that material, my order finger would have been tapping like crazy...

Super Contributor

@BabyYoda Hi, I did recieve some items today cause I did order them early, did not wait for the shows. I recieved the bird houses and I really like them. I know someone was worryied about how the birds looked and mine look really cute to me. I am very happy with how  they are made and look. I got the white hydragea wreath and again I really like it also, I am waiting until after easter to use it. Also the white hydragea candle rings came and I am really happy with them also. I did not put them on my candle holders cause I am waiting for the purple ones to use now and save the white for summer. But they are big and beautiful. They are bendable, mine were already in a semi oval shape from being pushed in the box they came in. I bended them gently and dont think there will a problem with positioning on the pedistals, but I was too lazy to try on mine right now cause did not want to take the ones I am using now off until my purple ones come. But they are really pretty and i think worth making them work if you know what I mean. I went back to pier one and ordered some of their bunnie plates and one of their egg nests. I think they are so cute. I am really loving decorateing for easter, just love all these cute bunnies and the colors, oh well it is all new to me this year so maybe that is why and all these bunnies are making me want to go and get a real one for a pet!!! LOL

Super Contributor

@SpurtThank you spurt! I am enjoying the easter stuff this year, I spent alot on decor this year but I look at it as an investment cause I can use it for many years to come, hopefully anyway if I am still here!!. But next year I will not need as much and can buy something else. I had quite a few depressing and hard years lately, my mom has dementia and I lost my brother at only 49 years old, so the christmas decor lifted my spirits and when I had to take it down I just knew I had to get some bunnies!! They make me happy so I feel they are so worth it!! I know it is only a bandaid for some of the pain but every little thing helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the foil egg trees....but I am sphered out and I already have 6 lanterns around the house....

Honored Contributor

@DarlingDino wrote:

@SpurtThank you spurt! I am enjoying the easter stuff this year, I spent alot on decor this year but I look at it as an investment cause I can use it for many years to come, hopefully anyway if I am still here!!. But next year I will not need as much and can buy something else. I had quite a few depressing and hard years lately, my mom has dementia and I lost my brother at only 49 years old, so the christmas decor lifted my spirits and when I had to take it down I just knew I had to get some bunnies!! They make me happy so I feel they are so worth it!! I know it is only a bandaid for some of the pain but every little thing helps.

@DarlingDino

My heartfelt condolences go out to you on the loss of your brother.   And it's difficult when a loved one has dementia (a friend of mine is going through the same situation as you with her mom)........

I'm glad that the Christmas decor lifted your spirits after a rough time, and I'm glad to hear the Easter items, especially those bunnies, bring you a smile and enjoyment! 

Every thing helps when we are trying to cope and deal with all the difficult things in life.   My mom passed a while back from heart disease, but not to long ago I lost a dear friend to cancer.......and an aunt to cancer.....And I miss those ladies!  

Take care and take delight  with your spring decor and especially those bunnies! (I love the bunnies I purchased from Valerie a couple years ago and they always make me smile)......🐇 🐇 🐇 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@DarlingDino wrote:

@BabyYoda Hi, I did recieve some items today cause I did order them early, did not wait for the shows. I recieved the bird houses and I really like them. I know someone was worryied about how the birds looked and mine look really cute to me. I am very happy with how  they are made and look. I got the white hydragea wreath and again I really like it also, I am waiting until after easter to use it. Also the white hydragea candle rings came and I am really happy with them also. I did not put them on my candle holders cause I am waiting for the purple ones to use now and save the white for summer. But they are big and beautiful. They are bendable, mine were already in a semi oval shape from being pushed in the box they came in. I bended them gently and dont think there will a problem with positioning on the pedistals, but I was too lazy to try on mine right now cause did not want to take the ones I am using now off until my purple ones come. But they are really pretty and i think worth making them work if you know what I mean. I went back to pier one and ordered some of their bunnie plates and one of their egg nests. I think they are so cute. I am really loving decorateing for easter, just love all these cute bunnies and the colors, oh well it is all new to me this year so maybe that is why and all these bunnies are making me want to go and get a real one for a pet!!! LOL

@DarlingDino

Thank you for your review and I am happy you are pleased with your purchases. I am looking forward to receiving my pink candle rings.....

I went to Pier One with my sister and an friend on Saturday they had so many cute things....and I loved the bunny plates......I wish I had purchased their deer plates at Christmas...SIGH!!  My sister has a bit of a bird theme going in her home and purchased the bird plates.......  They had so many wonderful things at Pier One.......!!!!   I purchased some decorated eggs for my Easter display on top of my bookcase -----  I use Valerie's white sisal bunnies  and one of the Jim Shore baskets....and was looking for some new eggs since I wasn't happy with the ones I purchased from Target a few years ago......Can't wait to put out the Easter stuff....but I will wait a bit.....

My friend's stepmom lives out in the country and she has a real bunny....oh so cute!!!  Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's new items

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@traveler, While I love the large mantel on the VPH set, it would be nice and more helpful to see a standard sized mantel fully decorated.  I enjoy the shows, too, but I know that there is no way I could place that much stuff in my home.  That's a large area with lots of furniture surfaces. 

@SHOPR

I definitely need more surfaces---for all the seasons, especially Christmas---LOL!!!  I don't decorate as extensively for spring/Easter that I do for Christmas........but none the less, I do enjoy my spring/Easter accents in my home!!  

For those with fireplaces, yes  it would be nice to show a standard size mantel to give a more realistic perspective.....my sis has a smaller size fireplace and she's always looking for ideas on decorating it.....

Went on a shopping spree Saturday......saw some topararies at Kirklands and Pier 1.....not the shape you wanted, and they were silk but not realistic looking.....I'm keeping a look out for you....