Trusted Contributor

I've taken a look at Valerie's new items and the thing I am most interested in is her metal urn.  I do have her metal wire urns from a few years ago, so I'll have to think hard on this one.  Usually seeing how Valerie stages things often makes my decision!  The autodelivery lantern is intriguing, but pricey.  With all the fairy garden things out there this year, I think I could put sometthing together in one of my lanterns.  It wouldn't be lit, unless I put some microlights inside.  So what catches your eye? 

Honored Contributor

I noticed she brougt some crackle finish bunnies, but these are so not the original ones! The original ones actually looked like they might be old, with really rich tones and colors and much better detail. 

These new ones are way too pastel, and don't have nearly the attention to shading and detail. 

Sorry Valerie, this year's offerings for Easter and spring are a dud with me! Most of it looks like it could be found at Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I've taken a look at Valerie's new items and the thing I am most interested in is her metal urn.  I do have her metal wire urns from a few years ago, so I'll have to think hard on this one.  Usually seeing how Valerie stages things often makes my decision!  The autodelivery lantern is intriguing, but pricey.  With all the fairy garden things out there this year, I think I could put sometthing together in one of my lanterns.  It wouldn't be lit, unless I put some microlights inside.  So what catches your eye? 

I like the new wire urn, but since I already have two of the original version, I won't be getting another.  The new lantern with scene is nice, and I'm curious to see the Summer auto-delivery, but I agree with you, it's pricey.  

Looking through all of the new items this morning, I was thinking how I would have been in heaven a few years ago if Valerie had brought this exact same Spring assortment, from the mercury glass apothecary jar in choices of colors, to the rose wax spheres, to the foiled egg and hydrangea candle rings sets.  These are items that I would have bought in a heartbeat then.  I like the design of all of them, but now I own other things, so I can't justify buying these.  I really like her selection this time around.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio - I totally agree with you about the bunny couple.  I remember the set you are talking about.  Very different from this one.  Overall I am also disappointed with the offerings.  But that could be a good thing, as I'm trying to limit my buying!

Esteemed Contributor

Will those of you who own the previous a/d lantern scenes from Fall and Winter be buying this new one?  Any regrets on buying the previous ones?  Is the price basically the same? 

(@Marsha2003)

Respected Contributor

I am watching her show right now with Mary Beth. So far nothing is catching my eye. I would have liked another garland with a different flower. I already have hydrangeas in a wreath and garland. 

Respected Contributor

I love watching Valerie. It's a great idea about being able to add the garland to the wreath and they give you the clips to attach it to the wreath. Only thing is to get that look you got to spend over $100 and add another garland $50 more.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Will those of you who own the previous a/d lantern scenes from Fall and Winter be buying this new one?  Any regrets on buying the previous ones?  Is the price basically the same? 

(@Marsha2003)

I saw both lanterns in the quick peek shown just after the rose wax sphere candles.  I'm not loving the summer lantern,  but I do like the spring version.  Not sure if I'll order.  Opinions?

Honored Contributor

Valerie's Easter decor is looking a lot like Christmas - bottle-brush trees, Easter house and Egg home looking like gingerbread houses, and egg ornaments.  Cute but I wish she was more creative.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Valerie's Easter decor is looking a lot like Christmas - bottle-brush trees, Easter house and Egg home looking like gingerbread houses, and egg ornaments.  Cute but I wish she was more creative.

Yes @ValuSkr very similar to Christmas items but made for Easter. All I see is the pedestals and spheres shown over and over every show she is on. How many do we need all around the house? I wish there was more spring items not just Easter.