Honored Contributor

Image result for valerie parr hill flickering flame lantern

Image result for valerie parr hill carriage lantern

I have two of the top picture already here, and while there are the usual made in China things going on, these are very substantial and nice for the price. They sold out completely, but if they come back, I highly recommend them if they are a style you like. 

I ordered three of the ones in the second picture, and am hoping they are as substantially made as the bigger ones. 

These are such a nice change from the usual lanterns that have been brought by Luminara and Candle Impressions. I've bought many lanterns from both of those companies, and like them too. These VPH newest ones though, are just a much more fancy, elegant option, something I think QVC was missing in their lantern offerings in the past. 

These are nice heavy metal and glass, and I'm just really happy to see this kind of choice being offered.

Regular Contributor

I also purchased the one in the top picture and it is very nice.  Enjoying the different flicker from my other lanterns.  I was looking at the second one but not sure where I put it as I don't have any spare space! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I am also pleased with the construction and appearance of my VPH scroll lantern, seen in top picture.  As I said in an earlier thread,  I think the quality is up there with my Luminara Heritage (Windsor also) lanterns.  But, I also know there were unacceptable flaws on some, just luckily not on mine.  

The new carriage lantern looks nice, too.  The metal scrolls are wider, but appear more thinly made, and the handle is just a small non-positionable ring.  Those are the only differences in the two that I would expect.  I hope yours are perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

I was tempted by the lantern in the second picture because its lighting mechanism is so unique, but I decided to wait until I can read some reviews and see whether this style is worth the investment.

Valued Contributor

Are the lighting elements in these lanterns similar to those LED flame effect bulbs that have become popular in the last year? My concern is that when I’ve seen those bulbs advertised as anything but run by the electricity from a regular socket, they are recharged from a USB cord. None of them take batteries, so I’m wondering what the battery life might be from these lanterns.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's new Lanterns

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb  I'm not familiar with what you mentioned.  

Mine is back in the box for now, but what I remember of the light is that it is just several leds pulsating/blinking inside the candle.  They look positioned side by side mostly, but some are very slightly higher or lower. 

Iwould guess it's just a light strand affixed into the lower candle made of several yellow-amber leds with a pattern.

Mine looks just like it did during presentation.

I think battery life was stated by Valerie, but I can't remember it.  

Respected Contributor

Stopped in Michaels today and saw the glass paned and metal outdoor lanterns at 70% off. Originally 30$, now 9$. No candle in them but plenty room to stick the battery operated one in there. I grabbed a pewter one for my porch and have a few of the candles laying around. So pretty on my front porch. I may go back and grab another one tomorrow. After senior discount, both will cost me under 20$.  Gotta love that