Valued Contributor

Valerie;s last show until July.

I guess I will get withdrawal now. At least her shows gave me ideas on decorating with what I already have for spring and summer. Does anyone on these boards have her big white bunny holding the lantern? I liked the one from last year, but some reviews indicated it would not stand up. This one has around 34 reviews and most are very good. I value the comments on this forum. This white bunny is calling my name.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie;s last show until July.

i don't decorate for spring or summer....but i know i'm in the minority.....

Trusted Contributor

@nomar  - I have the original bunny with the laid back ears.   I never had any trouble with it toppling over and the batteries in the lantern lasted a really long time.  The new one is cute too.

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I guess I will get withdrawal now. At least her shows gave me ideas on decorating with what I already have for spring and summer. Does anyone on these boards have her big white bunny holding the lantern? I liked the one from last year, but some reviews indicated it would not stand up. This one has around 34 reviews and most are very good. I value the comments on this forum. This white bunny is calling my name.

@nomar - I know! I'm going to miss her too. I was hoping QVC would have her on more, since a lot of us are in our homes all of the time! She is soothing and she has some wonderful ideas. If you check her item pages here there are a LOT that are never presented.

I have the original bunny too, like @DecorDiva . I love him! He was on our mantel the first spring we had him, but I couldn't take him down. Finally, he moved from the mantel to his permanent spot next to our TV area on the floor, with his lantern glowing year round! Right now he is back up on the mantel again!

I love Valerie and her items. She should be on more often in these times. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And her shows in July will be "Christmas In July"  .....it would be nice if she did have one more show to fill in for the time after Easter and before QVC starts bringing the Christmas stuff out........  

I'm not a fan of beach decor.....so it would be nice to see some other things and how Valerie would decorate with them.....  for now I bring out a few items from Jim Shore for the patriotic holidays---Memorial Day & July 4th and the rest of the time I use Sunflowers and was thrilled to see the Sunflower garland and candle holder....but would like another idea for summer.....which is a long season here in Texas....

And another thing is QVC doesnt seem to have very many harvest/autumn/Halloween shows any more...its like its some Easter items and then when July hits---Christmas stuff from then on (I dont mind Christmas In July if they limited it to the 25th of each month, or just a week in July---but as usual they go OVERBOARD with it).... The fall season is supposed to be the longest for decorating....go figure...but thats QVC....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i don't decorate for spring or summer....but i know i'm in the minority.....

I don't know how to post pictures, but my table is beautiful, all with Valeries Easter things. I just love sitting there and when the lights all come on, it's the start of my happy day. Already bought the advanced order watermelon slices, and the watering pots with flowers. I adore Valerie and love watching her shows, and she has made decorating for the holidays, fun and easy. this is what makes you happy when you retire.

Esteemed Contributor

@rolypoly   I also have the original bunny with the lantern.  I love him and have not had a problem with him tipping over at all.  Maybe if he was outside but mine is inside and sits in my foyer to greet people (I guess he is missing that right now)  He is adorable though and yes the lantern stays lit for a long time.

Respected Contributor

Since most of Valerie's items are manufactured in China, I wouldn't expect any new inventory to be available for a while.  I suspect even Christmas in July will be somewhat sparse this year unless QVC has already received their shipments.

Valued Contributor

Never thought of things maybe not coming in from China for awhile and that is a good thing. We need more manufacturing here in the good old USA. I would gladly pay more to keep jobs here. And I agree, sometimes her items come on and they have never been shown in her catagory, like the pip berry wreath, etc. I love pip berry things and there is not enough of it. Maybe it is too "Country Sampler" looking for most folks.