Honored Contributor

Valerie's glistening church w/sisal trees...

[ Edited ]

H221163

OMG! I'm watching the show with Jennifer and the close-up of the churches shows how poor the quality is...

Everything is put on haphazardly/crooked...the steeples, windows...oy. Hopefully for those that ordered these churches they will receive ones that are better constructed.

I would have thought that for presentations the crew would check the items before they are presented on TV. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's glistening church w/sisal trees...

My daughter ordered this one. We own many of Valerie"s items and are usually pleased with them. I hope this becomes a favorite as well.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,  @Susan Louise  usually Valerie brings in samples that are not obviously cheap.

So many of her items have a dollar store look. The risk of order is like gambling.  S&H cost more than the item is worth.

Honored Contributor

I noticed the same thing. 

In all fairness, when I see this type of piece other places, they are just made this way. I bought some that I could see locally, and every one on the shelf had it's issues. 

I guess you have to think like Tara with Temp-tations wants you to think about her poor quality painting....."each piece is unique and different". Translated.....sloppily put together, and we want a big price for it! 

Contributor

It was well said that ordering is a gamble; however, whether it be a purchase made online, from a television shopping channel, or from an actual  store location,  most all items are over priced, because a profit must be made.  It's hard not to be tempted to purchase....I always enjoy watching these sweet ladies, Valerie, Tara, and so many others.  Sometimes I order items, and sometimes I can pass.  

Honored Contributor

It does look like the worker assembling the church was having a bad day.  Hard to believe QVC didn't find a better example for the on-air presentation.  Maybe they're all this way?  Mine would be glistening all the way back to QVC!

glistening church.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It does look like the worker assembling the church was having a bad day.  Hard to believe QVC didn't find a better example for the on-air presentation.  Maybe they're all this way?  Mine would be glistening all the way back to QVC!

glistening church.JPG

@ValuSkr   This just tells me if the one bring presented us that bad then what would the one you get be like 😏.  I watched the presentation and noticed the plaid issues right away,  wonder why Valerie didn't see it😏

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed all the quality issues as well—very disappointing. I also have to say that even though I love plaid, and the plaid pattern featured on this item is almost identical to the Wallace plaid I use for Christmas decorating, I just don't understand a plaid church. It seems very strange to me.

One other thing I noticed was that Jen Coffey only barely touched the churches in the sneak peek at the beginning of the show and ended up with flecks of glitter on her face, hands, and outfit that were present for the rest of the hour. All the glittered, glistening, frosted, iced, shimmering, and sparkling items Valerie has brought this year are a bit out of control; I can't imagine anyone having that much glitter around the house.

I am looking forward to this afternoon's show where we are likely to see many of the more traditional items that appeared on the site today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

I noticed all the quality issuesaswell—veryyy disappointing. I also have to say that even though I love plaid, and the plaid pattern featured on this item is almost identical to the Wallace plaid I use for Christmas decorating, I just don't understand a plaid church. It seems very strange to me.

One other thing I noticed was that Jen Coffey only barely touched the churches in the sneak peek at the beginning of the show and ended up with flecks of glitter on her face, hands, and outfit that were present for the rest of the hour. All the glittered, glistening, frosted, iced, shimmering, and sparkling items Valerie has brought this year are a bit out of control; I can't imagine anyone having that much glitter around the house.

I am looking forward to this afternoon's show where we are likely to see many of the more traditional items that appeared on the site today.

loriqvcc   I bought several lit plaid houses last year from several companies, love them.Christmas decor is fantasy. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I noticed the same thing. 

In all fairness, when I see this type of piece other places, they are just made this way. I bought some that I could see locally, and every one on the shelf had it's issues. 

I guess you have to think like Tara with Temp-tations wants you to think about her poor quality painting....."each piece is unique and different". Translated.....sloppily put together, and we want a big price for it! 

They also call the poor painting and crooked accents "character"...LOL

I don't buy stuff like that anymore....